1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Draft Need Evaluation - Offense

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by TarheelFlyer, Feb 3, 2017.

1. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Bryant is a question mark at this point as is Green. You don't think Howard is a downfield threat? I guarantee he would smoke Green down the field...and he doesn't have a concussion looming at any moment. I think you are underestimating Howard's ability. Mccaffrey could play all over the offense and is a very,very good punt and kick off returner. He could spell Bell in the limited amount of reps our back ups get anyway and can easily be used at the same time as Bell. Split out our coming out of the backfield. I'm not sure any pass rusher at 30 is gonna put us over the top either and I doubt he would be a improvement over what Bud was in his first year. I agree if we can get someone that automatically allows us to rotate with Harrison but It's asking a lot for a rookie to come in and do just that. I would much rather take the FA route for OLB rather then a 1st round pick. Would love R Anderson in the 2nd though....I like Adoree but mostly because of his STs ....I happen to prefer SJ as a man to man cover CB.

2. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011

i don't see spending a 1st rd. pick on a guy mainly used for st's and to spell the best back in the league. i like mccaffery alot but we have more pressing needs.

bryant is a guy we have to hope we have next year to make a serious run. he can make such a difference. if not we need to draft a top tier wr instead of any other position to make this offense work as it should.

howard would be a good pick if we didn't already have 3 pretty good ones. james made huge strides this year and grimble also got better. he got held back by cracked ribs. i don't think the position requires us to use a 1st round pick at that spot. we could as easily get a guy like jordan leggett in the 3rd to do the same thing and see the EZ alot more than howard did in college. i don't think howards skillset is that much greater than some of the others in this draft.

adoree jackson has great makeup speed and quickness in coverage and can offer a lot on st's. verticle speed is also quite different than jones. jackson offers alot more bang for the buck.

watt has played in our same defense. he can get on the field quicker than some others that have to learn it. it does two things. it gets us a player with great upside and knowledge of our system and it also keeps JH healthy and less fatigued. win win. :cool:

3. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I like Kareem Hunt also, along with Jeremy McNichols and Jamal Williams.

4. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    We can go back and forth with our opinions ,time will tell. I do agree though that we need Bryant bad and we saw what Green could mean to our O but unless we have a crystal ball we better have guys to fill their roles or it will be the same old same old underperforming/ inconsistent offense.

5. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    i agree about the crystal ball. LOL their talent keeps them here but it's the money part that keeps us from having guys to replace them and sitting and waiting for the IF. only so much we can do. :cool: