1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Down in the trenches

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by THREE RIVER SHIVER, Dec 11, 2017.

1. THREE RIVER SHIVER

THREE RIVER SHIVER Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2017
    Wow ,did the Ravens o-line really handle us ...No consistent pressure...really no push by us..Now there was some holding going on,and not getting called. But with that said I really thought tuitt/cam/hargrave were gonna seriously get after flacco ...with added incentitive to win it for 50!...thoughts

2. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    I was hoping they'd get more push/pressure but they just did not really. Back to the lab I guess.

3. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I thought TJ got some good pressure at times. He had a least 2 or 3 quarterback hurries and that sack on the last drive was huge. But overall you're right, we've got to find a way to get pressure. Bud Dupree ain't cutting it and Tuitt seems to be struggling. We've got to pull out all the stops Sunday, the players have to play out of their minds and Butler needs to dial up every blitz in the playbook.

4. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    I think they were being more reactive especially with the run game gashing em up... Left much to desire for sure. Good thing is, those 3 are good and it is very fixable.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. THREE RIVER SHIVER

THREE RIVER SHIVER Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2017
    Yeah I guess I was wishing tuitt was gonna take a big step forward this year...He has been injured at times .He has shown flashes of being a game changer,but they have been few and far between

6. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    That's 2 weeks in a row the d-line has been manhandled, maybe they need to sub out the starters a little more often.

7. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I don't know if I'm a believer in subbing out players.

I say let your best players play. Yeah, give them a breather if they are age 30 or more, but these guys are all pretty young and should be in the best shape of their lives. More reps let them get into a rhythm. Get in the zone.

I don't recall our defense being as heavily rotated in the early 2000's as they are now.