1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Dope smoking pass rusher

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by Coastal Steeler, Apr 18, 2015.

1. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    Nice.

[​IMG]

or

[​IMG]

2. lloyddestroy

lloyddestroy Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2015
    You don't understand the definition of a physical addiction, obviously.

3. lloyddestroy

Feb 6, 2015
    In order for something to be physically addicting, you would have withdrawal symptoms if you quit. There are none with weed. None.

4. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Yup, I'm a dummy. You didn't say it was impossible to be addicted to it physically.

5. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    Now that is not true, regardless of how you say it. I'm sure someone who uses it habitually will tell you that they have withdrawal symptoms when trying to quit it. Anyway, let's get back to talking football everyone, not debating marijuana effects etc.

6. lloyddestroy

Feb 6, 2015
    If it's not physically addictive, then it's not cut and dry, hence, not actually addictive. All that "emotionally addictive" stuff is not based in hard science, hence, it's all crap. Something is either physically addictive or it isn't. Period. Weed is not. End of story. End of discussion. Black and white.

7. lloyddestroy

Feb 6, 2015
    I know people who will tell you they have withdrawal symptoms over chocolate or candy. Does that mean those are physically addictive. Hmmmmm? Is that your version of science, if some just SAYS they have withdrawals? OK, I don't care. I will drop it.

8. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Nonsense! Depends on the individual and how much they smoked.

9. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    You sure seem like you care. LOL. Funny how people decide to drop stuff AFTER they get a couple last paragraphs in. :lolol:

10. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Yes, it does.

There is a wonderful tool called the internet, research it for yourself.

11. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I'm sorry, you're the authority on what constitutes a physical addiction vs. an emotional addiction? Lots of things, including but not limited to drugs, impact the brain and can cause addiction. The brain is part of the body. You don't get to say that Substance A affects the brain and is therefore physically addictive, and Substance B affects the brain but she's not addicted, she just really likes it and has no will power. Pfft, chicks and their emotions!

Good point. There's nothing addictive in chocolate or candy. Research shows that in lab rats, sugar is as addictive as cocaine. Now, obviously the consequences of withdrawl are not the same, but the mechanics of the addiction are the same.

Wouldn't he have done that by now? People don't do research if they're afraid they're wrong. I gotcha covered, lloyd.

On different kinds of addiction: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3139704/ Abstract: "There is a high degree of overlap between brain regions involved in processing natural rewards and drugs of abuse. “Non-drug” or “behavioral” addictions have become increasingly documented in the clinic, and pathologies include compulsive activities such as shopping, eating, exercising, sexual behavior, and gambling. Like drug addiction, non-drug addictions manifest in symptoms including craving, impaired control over the behavior, tolerance, withdrawal, and high rates of relapse. These alterations in behavior suggest that plasticity may be occurring in brain regions associated with drug addiction. In this review, I summarize data demonstrating that exposure to non-drug rewards can alter neural plasticity in regions of the brain that are affected by drugs of abuse. Research suggests that there are several similarities between neuroplasticity induced by natural and drug rewards and that, depending on the reward, repeated exposure to natural rewards might induce neuroplasticity that either promotes or counteracts addictive behavior."

On the mechanics of addiction: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3272277/

A very skeptical (this guy is as close to someone on your side as you're going to find - and he's a blogger. I have no idea what his credentials are, but considering his real name is not given...) look at the claim that sugar is as addictive as cocaine: http://scienceblogs.com/purepedantry/2008/12/11/sugar-is-an-addictive-drug-ehs/

He's convincing that "Sugar is as addictive as heroin!" is an exaggeration designed to sensationalize, but he's not stupid enough to think that it's not addictive. That's a given. The claim you're making is one real scientists or logical people don't make. It might as well be that the earth is flat. You're using certainty in place of logic or fact. "The earth is clearly flat. Period. End of story. End of discussion. Black and White."

Also, I love/hate when people simultaneously disagree with a scientific consensus and claim science is the reason why. I saw a politician who doesn't believe in climate change on TV begin to explain his position by saying, "We have to listen to the scientists..." Um, we are. You're not.

12. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
    [​IMG]

this is all I got internetting
    the pots and the footballs.
    looks like Ohio State to me

I have to admit, I don't have a problem with people smoking
    butt,
    I question someone's ability to DEAL when they can't rationalize the benefits of simply stopping for an important issue.

Then again I'm a person who handed over a whole gallon jug of "shroom tea" to an officer just to prove to him I wasn't drinking alcohol in public not realizing that there were still caps floating around in the jug. Glad he didn't ask for a cup when I told him is was just ice tea.

I also know people who smoke and they claim when they run out they get grumpy and mean , but I've witnessed them being discriminating while high
    so
    I wonder why they even bother smoking
    because it seems to me they missed the point of the joint

and
    GO STEELERS if we need his position to be filled then draft the kid
    I wish the best

13. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    You couldn't be anymore wrong. As a former heavy smoker I know firsthand the withdrawal symptoms, most notably insomnia. It's a total mother****er and lasts for a few weeks. Ambien didn't even bring any relief.

14. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I personally wish the Steelers would steer clear of these dope smokers.

15. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    To me it depends on the why they smoke. I wished the league would make it legal, after that I would draft guys who smoke a bit from time to time to relieve stress or pain . I wouldn't want guys who just wanted to blaze and smoke every day for no reason.

Rather have my Team doing Pot than pills .

16. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Amazing. They have one of the best running backs in the league. Who smokes weed. Most of these guys smoke weed. As stated I could care less as well. But as a potential 1st round draft pick, maybe cut it out for a month.

I'm sure if your smoking ALL day yes it becomes a physical addiction. It's more mental I feel. But it's not a deadly dependence like the gate way drug, alcohol. The conservatives want you to believe it's the gateway drug. Maybe you will croak eating to many Doritos or cookies or ice cream. And making it legal is coming. Then they can concentrate on the real issue, meth, crack and heroin.

These player get hooked on pain killers. A little weed goes a long way to relax the senses...

17. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Alcohol isn't a gateway drug any more than pot is. Again, it depends on the individual.
    I'm a consevative and I don't believe it's a gateway but, it can be. People want to claim that legalizing pot will stop or slow down cartels and such when all it will do is make them switch to a different "crop".
    Players get hooked on pain killers, in many cases, thanks to the team doctors. Look up what the Chargers and the NFL did to Walt Sweeney. Would he have become dependent on pot if it were legal? Probably, he had an addictive personality.
    Football!

18. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

Bell is a "dope smoker" do you think we need to cut him?.. :lolol:

19. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
    FULL STRENGTH!!

I always hated my dope being CUT

GUESS WHAT DAY IT IS???????

20. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Ummm............ Monday?

21. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    it's a problem when it hurts the team. how many top players do we need suspended every week before it hurts the team when we could have guys that don't do it before their biggest interiew of their lives? how about if we actually had our starting rb for the first 3 games this year? boy that would sure help i'd think. i could care less what bell does but when his absence hurts the rest of the team , it's a problem. why would we want to add another?:cool:

22. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
    right

I just hope the kid exhales at his position if we pick him
    and
    buds into a force