1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Don't want to bring this back up but...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by chuckie_os, Jul 24, 2018.

1. chuckie_os

chuckie_os Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburg...-is-being-monitored-by-one-NFL-team-120044790

So do you think if he'd be willing to come in at 2.5-3mil and maybe make up to 6-7 w/incentives?? Maybe come in as our 3 or 4??

Yeah he isn't the same Dez he use to be but he would do decent in our system. If Washington doesn't look as good or better than Bryant did, then he could be someone to look at...

Yes his ego and attitude could be a problem on the team and in the locker room. That part has me worried, especially if he and AB get together.. you never know what could happen on FB live..

But to add another question, do people think Rogers will go to Cleveland?? Heard he's visiting..

2. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    No on Dez... Theoretically it could be good or bad or simply not needed. And all 3 with multiple reasons as to why. With those types of odds I'd just leave it alone. If I thought personally he made the team better I'd be all in but I don't or can't or won't hahahahahahaahha

As far as Rogers goes, depends if he's healthy. He's got familiarity with Haley so who knows?

3. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    If Dez is willing to play linebacker I say sign him up! Other than that he simply isnt needed.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Unless he's willing to play for 2.4 mill which I highly doubt. Colbert likes to have at least 3 mill in cap space heading into the season.

5. jamboxmusic

jamboxmusic Member

Jan 1, 2012
    If Washington got hurt, juju to the outside and Dez at this point in his career would be beastly at slot...Boldin role.

But I’m predicting he’ll join the pats or the jags.

6. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Not enough balls to go around to add a WR like Dez.

7. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    Why? No thanks x 1000

8. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Dez would never be comfortable as a 3 or 4 wr.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017

We could have a poll to see who actually believes a head and ego as big as Dez Bryant's would be ok with a role as a 4th wide receiver.

I had him on my fantasy team last year, and he did play like a 4th wide receiver however.

I'd pass on this over-hyped headcase. No thanks.

10. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I don't think the Steelers would need Dez unless injuries got out of hand.

11. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    It would be an insane receiving core, though.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    We have enough swelled headed egos already, like someone already stated not enough balls to go around.

Dez was or maybe still is such a nut job Dallas hired a baby sitter to keep him somewhat under control.

A big " NO THANKS "

13. chuckie_os

chuckie_os Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Well looks like this won't happen now with Rogers being signed..

14. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    No it wouldn't; it would be subtraction through addition. He would destroy chemistry while sucking from being unable to make separation and then throw tantrums all the time. Horrid consideration.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I actually want him, and I know that it's ridiculous, and most likely won't happen lol.

I have been reading that Steelers are eyeballing him, also read on reddit someone posted that their girlfriend works at Lemont and Dez Bryant is staying the night. If this is true...

Brown
    Juju/Dez
    Rogers
    Washington
    Mcdonald

Unstoppable and probably #8 ppg in the league lol

16. Steelers4Lyfe

Steelers4Lyfe Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2018
    I’ll go against the majority and say sign him.

When’s the last time we had a big bodied receiver that could go up and get a football? We run too many gimmick plays in the red zone. Having a dude that could go up for passes would be beneficial.

Obviously the headaches would be there but does it matter at this point? Bell is all drama, AB is drama, VW is drama. At some point, it doesn’t matter. Put the best team we can on the field and try to win the Super Bowl. Bryant is better now than Washington is.

We are in win now mode. I’d like to see them go all in. And if signing Bryant for a year or two will help the team, then do it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Dez has 14 more TD's than Brown in the same span. He would be a tasty target in the redzone.

18. Steelers4Lyfe

Steelers4Lyfe Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2018
    Wanted to put down something else that doesn’t go with my original post. But stick with me here, signing Bryant to a one to two year deal would not only help us now. It could help us in the future.

Ju-Ju started off on a tear and I agree that he’s going to turn out amazing. Having Dez would kind of supress his stats and save us some money negotiating with him because how Hollywood he already acts on social media, I can see him wanting $20 mill a year in a couple years.

19. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Patriots will sign Dez Bryant. Wait and see. :facepalm:

... and he'll rack up 1,000+ yards, All-pro, 12 TDs, Super Bowl ring, etc.

20. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    We will only sign him if he has a lingering injury lol

21. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Why do people insist on the team tinkering with what is already one of the strongest positional groups in the entire leasgue

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. takenoprisoners1

takenoprisoners1 Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2011
    I think those of you who would be against this signing are REALLY missing the bigger picture..... Just imagine..... if they could get him to change his number to 10, then anyone who was foolish enough to buy a Martavis Bryant jersey could go another season without buying something else....

As a sidenote, I have a wall in my 'man cave' dedicated to Super Bowl XLIII that has a blue Super Bowl XLIII jersey opposite a #10 Steelers jersey for good ol' Santonio Holmes - the MVP. Of course, if anyone were to turn that jersey over, they might wonder why it has 'Stewart' on the back.....so you see, recycling can be very important!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  23. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    NO Thanks we have enough problems without him adding to these. Hell Tomlin
    can't control the players he has now.

• Agree Agree x 1