1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Don't look now but your Pittsburgh Steelers are 2-0 and in first place

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Sep 15, 2024 at 7:28 PM.

1. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Agreed.

Doubly so with the young Offensive Line! The more confidence they get, the quicker they will gel. The more confidence they have, the better their performance.

The better their performance, the better the Offense will be.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Like to see more consistency out of the offense, but I’m hopeful that will come soon. New OC. Definitely going to be some growing pains.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Yep.

Wouldn't be surprised to see this continue for another three or so weeks. Installing new Offenses/Defenses takes time; doubly so with young players. The Los Angeles Rams Defense is an excellent example of what happens when you have a new Defensive Coordinator working with promising yet raw, young talent.

Pittsburgh isn't any different. Arthur Smith's Offense has a lot more motions than one gives it credit for. The Zone Run Concepts are not easy to grasp either. Add the fact that the Offensive Line has been in flux, today included, and the growing pains are even more severe.

That said, ironing them out now is much better than doing so later in the season.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2022
    Steelers are becoming masters of winning ugly, lol. Still, I'll take that over a pretty loss every time

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Baltimore thus far seems to have those; pretty losses I mean.

• Agree Agree x 5
  6. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    I know we beat two crappy teams but this is the NFL, anytime you win 2 road games to start the season that is a big deal.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

I agree about the two wins. However, I don't agree with Atlanta nor Denver being crappy.

Atlanta really isn't a crappy team. Atlanta's problem is playing the wrong QB. Michael Penix Jr. should be the one starting. Even if Tampa has the 2-0 lead thus far in the NFC South, that Division is going to come down to the wire... so I wouldn't count out Atlanta just yet.

As for Denver?! Cannot say for certain there as Bo Nix looks more overwhelmed than he does lost. Sean Payton might be letting down Nix more than Nix is letting down his team.

• Like Like x 1
  8. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    ....and somehow we are favored over the Chargers by 2.5 points.

I figured we would be dog because of our poor offense.

What the heck, make it 3-0, LOL.

9. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    It is funny I remember when the Steelers were on that 11-0 run and Tomlin kept saying "We are not going to apologize for winning."

The offense may look like trash, but a win is still a win.

Funny memories.
    8 - 0..... This is the worst undefeated NFL team in history
    9 - 0... This is the worst undefeated NFL team in history.
    10 - 0..... This is the worst undefeated NFL team in history.
    11 - 0.... This is the worst undefeated NFL team in history.

:) everybody in the media was so mad that the Steelers kept Winning.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2024 at 11:23 PM
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Arch Stanton

Oct 10, 2022
    Right. The Steelers have been fortunate so far to have played against a rusty QB coming off a season ending injury, and a rookie QB still trying to figure things out. The Falcons and Broncos are both pretty good teams, but the Steelers were able to do just enough to win both times. Fields outplayed both Cousins and Nix, which is a big part of why they won those games. The offense has shown some signs of life at times with Fields throwing to Pickens, and Najee has been running hard, but it's painfully obvious that they desperately need a WR2 before they can be a real threat offensively. The Chargers will be a real test for them. I don't think they'll beat Herbert scoring only 13-16 points, hopefully Jefferson or maybe Roman Wilson (if he ever plays, lol) can step up to help them put more points on the board.

11. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    On the road with a backup QB. Not too shabby.

12. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

I am praying that Roman Wilson is back for Week 3. I also know that, even if he is healthy enough to play, Tomlin will likely limit his snap count. He shouldn't.. but he will.

Why am I saying something so unusual?!

What type of Head Coach authorizes a "Offensive Tackle Rotation" for a game?! Quite possibly the most insane decision Tomlin has made personnel wise... and that is saying a lot. Why not roll with the best five and allow the cohesion to develop from there?!

I get that Broderick Jones is the starter. However, that doesn't mean he has played like one; doubly so given his issues with his elbow. Give him some time to rest and, most importantly, TRAIN HIM on the LEFT... SIDE!!!!

Enough of this "experimentation" nonsense. Broderick Jones was drafted to be a Left Tackle. That said, let him DEVELOP AS ONE!

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Starter you mean.

I doubt Justin Fields is going to give up this opportunity. Last one he gets. Every game for him from here on out is literally a "winner's take all, losers drop out" case for his NFL Future. Every snap of every game now counts.

If he continues to develop greatly?! He is keeping this job.. and he is not letting go either.

14. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Atlanta is a solid team with playoff aspirations. Good QB, RB, decent weapons at WR and TE and a good OL. They will be competitive. Denver... just looks like they kinda suck. Young QB, weapons suck outside of Sutton being pretty decent, no real star power outside of Surtain. That unit is going to struggle this season.

15. Arch Stanton

Oct 10, 2022
    I would love to see what Roman can do out there, there's a lot of hopes riding on him. If he's healthy and can play against the Chargers, I see no need for Tomlin to limit his snaps. I mean SOMEBODY needs to step up and help Fields, Pickens can't do it on his own

The musical chairs game Tomlin is playing with the O-line is a bit strange. In his defense though, he's been kind of been forced into it with Fautanu finally being healthy, and Jones being not. It is odd though that you have two back to back first round picks competing for the starting RT. Is Dan Moore really that good that he's irreplaceable at LT? Evidently, Tomlin thinks so

16. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

The question shouldn't be is Dan Moore that good to be irreplaceable. The question should be will Tomlin allow Broderick to play at his natural position given that he is now benched?! That is a much bigger question that needs an answer sooner rather than later.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Arch Stanton

Oct 10, 2022
    Well, Jones will have no choice but to play at LT from now on, but he'll have to beat out Dan Moore first. Fautanu is their new starting RT, Tomlin is very high on him, and he's not going nowhere unless he get's injured

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Many double teams, Denver was not going to let him ruin their home opener.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    Watt has always a huge impact for us,even in his average game for his standard

20. jeh1856

jeh1856 Nap time

Oct 26, 2011
    Worst 2-0 team out there :smiley1:

21. Arch Stanton

Oct 10, 2022
    Still had a sack. I can see TJ going off for 3 or 4 sacks in a game soon, if only the refs allow him to

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Arch Stanton

Oct 10, 2022
    Maybe. The offense will definitely have to put up more than 16 points if they want to go 3-0. The D can only do so much against the better teams they'll be facing

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011

Attached Files:

24. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2015
    Ox, you mind sharing these alternative method to watch the games?

25. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    If you dislike the NFL so much then why watch Steelers games? It's still the NFL. And they make money off of viewership. So they thank you.

• Like Like x 1