1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Don't look know but the Ravens are catching up to us

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Real steel, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Real steel

Real steel Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2012
    yes, I know they are 4-7 but they still play us again and have a much easier schedule down the stretch

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  2. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    With all they lost, if they Catch us, we don't deserve to make the playoffs

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    well if Tomlin don't get his head out of his ass, the Ravens and Browns will beat us. And also play the colts and broncos at home. Not sure we will play in a playoff game. Then Tomlin will say well, we accept that (Hate that). We'll own it. And Boykin will still be on the bench. Then Tomlin will tell us he is going to unleash HELL next year.
    Think of Boykin thinking. I am one of the best corners in the NFL and I can't get on the field on a defense that is #30 or worse

4. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    No.

5. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I think the Jets are the biggest threat .They have the best schedule IMO..They have the Giants,Cowboys,Titans, Patriots, and the Bills....They could very well win all those games if Gronk is not right ...My money says the Jets are in and the Steelers,Chiefs, and the Colts are in a fight for the last spot...

6. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Good! I hope they pass us. This defense isn't good enough to win ring 7. Get the high draft picks and finish rebuilding this team

7. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    You better worry about the texans since they are the 6 seed, and they have beaten the Jets and the Bengals already and they have a weak schedule left with teams like the colts titans jags bills, they have to play the pats but they have a good chance to beat them as well, right now the chiefs and texans have the best chance to lock up the two wildcards while we seem to be stumbling through our remaining schedule like a drunken sailor who cant find his ship.....

8. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    No AFC team is going to make the wildcard with a 9-7 record, as said above.... if we are worried about the Rats catching up to us.... it'll be for a fight for draft picks because neither will be in the playoffs.

Currently 4 6-5 teams and 2 5-6 teams fighting for 2 spots..... Ravens are not one of them

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. bim94

bim94 Active Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Which two 6-5 teams do you have going 4-1 down the stretch? Or do you have the Raiders and/or Bills running the table? I think there will most certainly be a 9-7 playoff team. Don't know if the Steelers will get in at that, but beat the Colts....and they might.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    Uh, Houston and KC could easily go 4-1 down the stretch and I'd throw in the Steelers as well. And depending on how the actual wins and losses go.... I could see Pitt and Indy being wild cards with NE, Cincy, Denver, Houston as division winners. Not saying that's how it would fall, but it is a reasonable possibility.

11. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I'm afraid that if they do make the playoffs that the coaching staff and the secondary would prove to be too ineffective to go anywhere. I fear another 8-8 season is on the way and MT will get another pass just so long as he makes minor insignificant changes.

12. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    He'd get a pass because his star QB has been mired with injuries while missing 4 games and lost his star RB for the season and missing a significant portion of his offensive line.

But even with all that, he'll still go better than 8-8.

13. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    At this rate... it's looking like 9-7 and missing the playoffs. 9-7 isn't going to cut it this year.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. takenoprisoners1

takenoprisoners1 Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2011
    Let the Ravens keep their life-support mathematical chances alive..... a worse draft pick awaits as a result and maybe it gives them a little extra incentive against the Chiefs in week 15 before we officially end their hopes in week 16....

15. bim94

bim94 Active Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Uh....I agree that KC may go 4-1. Someone else (like HOU or PIT) may too. I think its highly unlikely that BOTH wc's are 4-1. If HOU goes 4-1, they will need to beat BOTH NE and IND and would likely win the division. If PIT beats IND, it would make it so the colts would have to run the table to be 10-6. Too much cannibalism coming within the AFC fringe teams. Tiebreakers among multiple 9-7 teams will decide the 6 spot...possibly both spots.

16. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Doesn't cut the mustard huh :roflmao:

• Like Like x 1
  17. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    It would not surprise me if a 9-7 team made the AFC playoffs. But, it won't be a 9-7 Pittsburgh Steelers team. At 9-7, they'd be 6-6 in the conference. Hou, KC at9-7 will have at least 7 conf wins. NYJ probably will too.

18. bim94

bim94 Active Member

Nov 22, 2011

This. Lose vs IND and its all but over. Also,Its not KC, HOU, IND, BUF or OAK that worries me. Its a 9-7 NYJ team.

19. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    Sorry, I think you have the facts wrong.... for Houston to go 4-1 they can lose to either Indy or NE (I think they lose to NE, but beat Indy)..... a lost to BOTH NE and Indy would be....uh 2 losses so 3-2 not 4-1 :facepalm:

20. bim94

bim94 Active Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Which team that doesnt win the AFC South goes 4-1 and makes the playoffs? My point is that, at most, there will be one...thats all I am saying.

21. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

This I think is right. Beat Indy, and it comes down to only Kc, NYJ and Pit for the WC. Two get in and one doesn't.
    Lose to Indy, the 2nd place AFC South team is in the mix, and so is Buffalo. They'd have to win 3 division road games and Den at home for 10-6. Not likely, and at 9-7 losing tiebreaks with Indy, Hou, KC and NYJ, their chances get slim.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I didn't see a whole lot from the defense on Sunday to suggest that this team can beat Indy, Denver, or Cincy. Where's the running game? D Will seems like he is fine in the passing game. Why aren't we running the ball? My guess is this team will be 9-7 at best. I would love to be surprised, but 8-8 wouldn't shock me either. Agree with earlier posts that if they don't beat the Colts, the season is likely over.

23. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    A loss against Indy doesn't eliminate them, but then they will have to run the table. We will see how this team bounces back from a devastating loss.

24. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    The same Jets that have lost 4 of their last 6? They're going to run the table? Don't let the win over the powerhouse Dolphins fool you. The Jets have another 2 losses in them.

25. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The Ravens aren't catching the Steelers, they have Matt picksix Schaub at QB.