1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Done with the NFL! Steelers Fans #Boycott

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SDOT, Dec 17, 2017.

1. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Most penalized officials called 2 penalties for 4 yards on the Patriots. They stalled two of our drives with phantom calls they never showed again. The first one got AB killed.

Then the touchdown.

I'm done giving a ****. Usually watch tnf, mnf, snf, games at 1 and 4. I'll watch the Steelers to see how this season ends. But when they hand the Patriots another tainted ring and tie us. I'm out. Steelers fans should boycott this bull****.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    How about blatant holding all game long and blatant DPIs and defensive holding NEVER called?

They even tried to take away our first TD, but decided they couldn't sell a BS call.

This game was in the bag from the beginning. They didn't even try to hide it.

And let's not forget that not only should Gronk still be under suspension, he should be in JAIL! But God forbid the Pats can't have him for this game.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    It’s disgusting to think they are gonna cheat their way to another SB. The fixed NFL can go to hell.

Only thing to root for now is a Tom Shady injury

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Steelhammer92

Steelhammer92 Well-Known Member

May 19, 2015
    that was a catch without hesitation for the first 95 years of the NFL.

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. MattyMo9

MattyMo9 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2017
    Awful BS cheating refs man I furious

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Look I'm not trying to agitate you, but if you're going to boycott then do it.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. bettissb40

bettissb40 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    He had control of the ball, knee went down play over ball comes out. How is that not a catch???????????????

8. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I'm pissed don't get me wrong but it's not the end of my fandom.

I think that we can get back at them in NE this time with a healthy AB back in the line up.

Have to fix the Gronk connection though.

9. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Only works in numbers. We have the most fans of any team.

Spread was +2.5 Patriots. Funny how that works right? NFL has become a joke fixing games to make the most money.

10. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I wish you boycotters all the best in your life's. Since obviously I'll never hear from
    You again.​

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

That one handed catch made by Bryant was because his left arm was being held the entire time. What choice did he have lol

• Agree Agree x 6
  12. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Still a fan but I'm done watching any game not the Steelers.

You got them winning in NE? Not happening. Only chance was having them being the 3rd seed and playing in wildcard. They have never played in wildcard in any of their super bowl runs. 1-4 in last 5 playoff games on the road.

It's clear as day who the NFL wants and will win the Super Bowl this year.

13. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Look I don't blame you. This stuff is getting out of control. All I'm saying is that boycotting all games except Steelers games isn't going to work and it's not really a boycott.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. steelersfansince84

steelersfansince84 Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016

Couldn't agree more. I'm contemplating whether or not I should watch another game

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    I won't lie, I'll still be watching on TV.

I will not, however, ever purchase tickets nor merchandise again! (probably a lie..lol)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Bradydaphonedestroyer

Bradydaphonedestroyer Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2017
    I AM GONNA THROW A YELLOW PIECE OF CLOTH ON THE GROUND AND SCREW YOU, AND THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT...ONLY IN THE NFL.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. steelamazing

steelamazing Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2015
    the ball didnt even come out, on the side angle there is no evidence to overturn this call on the field

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    I've quit watching non steeler games years ago. I watched 1 non steeler game this year. Dolphins vs Patriots on Monday. I was traveling for work. had nothing to do but sit in a bar and watch...and I knew it could impact the steelers. Last year I'm guessing I watched 1 other game. plus half of the SB. Fans like me are not uncommon and they do make a dent in the ratings. But you are correct it's not really boycotting.

I do think that the casual fan and the fans of the 15 or so other teams that never compete...they will quit watching because the game lacks integrity. This will hurt ratings. Fixing a game like this probably brings alot of free advertising... all the talk tomorrow will be how the steelers got fu**ED. That's better for the NFL then just letting the steelers win HFA. Most fans are sick of NE and Pittsburgh. Im' guessing there's an official on the take in this one. simple as that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. We need a change

We need a change Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    None of it matters I guess, the replay rule is very clear: if the call is a TD, there has to be indisputable evidence that the ball hit the ground. There was no video filmed at Heinz field today that showed the ball actually hitting the ground on the play in question. Sadly, there are no checks and balances to ensure the league is not scripting games. They came out this week and threatened severe discipline for touching or disparaging the referees. They knew the fix was n today and knew they would need to give NE an assist to get them the win.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    There's no fix.

21. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Yeah definitely not boycotting if you continue to watch certain games.
    Like saying your going to quick drinking except on the weekends. I'll admit I don't have enough willpower to quit watching the Steelers. It's too big a part of my life.

• Winner Winner x 1
  22. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Our Safety dropped a game winner.Our QB threatened a spike on 3rd down. Our QB forced a throw to a man 1 on 4 . The TE must dive and turn in away the ball can't touch the ground .

Brady had a bad game and the Pats still win. We can not beat them we will need another Team to beat them for us .

23. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    This is the biggest point right here. Has to be conclusive evidence to overturn the call on the field yet I've seen no pic or video that shows his right hand not under the ball.

24. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    This is me too. I don’t watch the NFL anymore other than Steelers games. Not since roger started screwing the game up. I don’t spend money on NFL merchandise either. Won’t till roger is gone. Looks like it’s another 5 years without my money. And I’m ok with it.

25. emo

emo Active Member

Dec 17, 2017
    Nobody is a bigger Steelers fan than me and today was tough but I can't get behind any conspiracy that the NFL wants the Patriots to win. Roger Goodell spent millions upon millions of dollars to keep Brady out last season. The last thing the NFL wants to the Patriots to win esp at the expense of our Steelers Who are NFL Royalty.

• Dislike Dislike x 2