1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Does/ Should the gameplan change without Bell???

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Bleedsteel, Jan 2, 2015.

1. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    How much do Yinz think we should really change, since we won`t have LeVeon Bell???

I think our approach should stay pretty much the same.

As long as we can block well, Harris looked like a "decent" rb, in his limited time.

Tate, may be able to run for 4 yards per carry, as well, given good blocking.

The thing we will miss the most, in my opinion, is Bell`s catches out of the backfield.

That is gonna be the hardest thing to replace.

MAYBE we should have more plays for Archer, as in, screens, slants, etc...?

I`m not sure how many of Bell`s catches he was the number 1 option, and how many, Ben just felt comfortable to check down to him?

He hasn`t done that much in the past.

The only thing I think we should change, is, maybe give Archer more chances...

Other than that, run the plays we`ve been running, and hope we don`t have to throw the checkdown to the rb, as often...

Thoughts?

GO STEELERS!

2. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Nope. Just need to not turn the ball over.

3. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    No need to overhaul the gameplan. Stick Harris in there and tell him to one cut and go in the rainy field and tell Will J. to block. He should be able to do that after so many years playing against the Ravens.

4. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I try to look at things from a positive perspective. In 2001 Bettis missed the Ravens game because an injection numbed his whole leg. Amos Zereoue stepped in and managed 73 yards against a good defense and the Steelers won the game.

5. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    As long as Ben continues to dump it off instead of holding too long I am going to be sporting a huge grin. That dump off to Bell last week is something I have been waiting for the last five years. That being said I wouldn't change too much but I would plan to attack, they aren't going to respect the run so attack that, as PWP says spread them wide and let the pass rush come then use delays and draws to hit the gaps when DUmmerville and Suggs blitz. I am hoping for a big dose of HEATHHHHHHHHHHH! use the play that Ray Lewis was complaining about for years but they never stopped. Miller chips and slides into the open, turns catches and first down! Stick and move Ben stick and move and just when they think you are going to nickel and dime them to death hit Bryant with a sweet bomb to stomp on their throats.

6. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    As long as it's Heath chipping and not Archer I'll be fine with that. LOL. Archer "chipping" would probably actually be Archer "shattering".

7. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I think we need a touchdown from our special teams. That being said, put AB and Wheaton on kickoffs. If we receive the ball first, do the reverse with AB on the open kickoff like we did for his first touch of his career.

8. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Mewelde Moore reverse to AB in Nashville. I remember it like it was yesterday.

9. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Nope next man up as MT says. And hope the Steelers keep #7 clean.

10. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I think so . I wouldn't waste to many downs running early in the game hopefully our RB'S can get 40 totes in the 4th. quarter.

11. dinochoppers

dinochoppers Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2014
    Don't forget.
    The last ratbirds game Bell was not a factor in. At least his running wasn't, I can't remember what he did receiving wise.

My hopes are, Tomlin and crew have options already figured out and that bmore's plan is the wrong one. BUT.. if those stinking ratbirds are even sniffing around at how to stop what ever plan we may have, Tomlin quickly makes adjustments.

I personally think rats will rely on their defense and pressure the heck out of Ben, who will be dumping off to Heath and AB. I think the running game will have little effect until late in the game when their defense is beat down.

and that will be after the punches start flying.

Oh what a game!! I can't wait!