1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Does Patterson have a job?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mcam, Aug 11, 2018.

1. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Like thesteeldeal said, Im not sure we have room for him unless he can show some value as a wideout. If he is going to make it as just a return guy, than he better really blow the roof off the next couple weeks.

2. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I was talking about Henderson,not Patterson. I didn't see much as far as PR orKR from anyone. Opportunities were slim....

3. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Also heard Sutton was fielding some punts in practice. Could this be the year Tomlin goes against his no D players philosophy?

4. RobertoC#21

RobertoC#21 Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2011
    Patterson makes this team and I agree he needs work on his route running ability. Remember this is pre-season and defenses arent always stellar in coverages or player personel. I think its AB, JUJU, Washington, Patterson, Hunter. If we keep 6, it will be a return man or a potential playmaker. DHB has to go, he had 2 receptions for 47 yrds, 2 rushes for 32 yards ( 1 TD ) and 6 tackles total, 3 of them assisted. This is hardly a guy we cant do without!!! If anyone on this roster is replaceable for more potential or upside, it has to be this guy. I agree he had a place and served a purpose, but that purpose is now expired and we need more from that roster spot. I know if I am the coach, I would expect more from a veteran given that roster spot and frankly there is no value in keeping him as we can get the same productivity from virtually anyone.

5. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    This!!! Mason threw a strike on a skinny post in the late 3rd Qtr...( I think , maybe 4 th qtr) and because Patterson didn't plant his outside foot and make that sharp cut ( rounded the cut) the pass fell incomplete in the end zone....

PS for sure.

Cajun

• Agree Agree x 1