1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Does anyone think Brown was upset at Wallace?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by blountforcetrauma, Nov 7, 2011.

1. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I just wondered if he thought for a second that Wallace stole his thunder. I would have liked for Brown to have caught it cuz he can seriously get down. I'm just trying to lighten the mood a little.

2. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Everyone is making this out to be a huge deal that Wallace "stole" the TD away from him.

But Wallace was making that route anyway. I'm not sure he even knew Brown was there. He sees the ball in the air and reasonably assumes it's to him.

It looked funny, but I don't think it was intentional.

3. WWW

WWW Writing Team

Oct 24, 2011
    There was a replay showing Brown after Wallace caught the ball, and seemed upset.
    Guess it was just the moment. Brown seems to be a team guy, and Ben has done a great job spreading the ball to all weapons. So, if he was upset, it would have been only for a little while.

Shame for fantasy owners, since it would have made Brown a nice pick today (100+yds & 1 TD means 16 points in most leagues).

4. WWW

WWW Writing Team

Oct 24, 2011
    Agree. Also, when you play, you always look for the ball. It's too fast to think "ok, maybe this guy deserves it more than me".
    If you can catch it, go for it. And that's what Wallace did right away.

5. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I don't think it was intentional either. I really don't even think Wallace saw him. That wasn't the only time in the game that two recievers were in the same area either.

6. lovembig

lovembig Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    when Ben extends the play its becomes a free for all. every wr is just trying to get open. it just so happened that 2 guys got open in the same spot. Ben was trying to hit Brown.

you also have to love the Ben was anticipating Brown making that move and getting open. Ben threw it before Brown was open.

7. shamyhay

shamyhay Member

Oct 17, 2011
    In a word, "No". Brown went over a 100 yards, so they both had their bragging rights. Just wish we had the W to go with it.

8. SteelerD

SteelerD Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    If Brown is upset that Wallace caught a touchdown then I have a problem with Brown. (Or any other player who would put his own statistical success ahead of the team's success.) I am sure that Brown could care less, especially after the loss.