1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Does anyone else feel like...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by blountforcetrauma, Jan 8, 2012.

1. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Mike Tomlin needs to be more in control of the players? I honestly think he should have made the decision to bench Ben in the San Fran game and NOT let him play again until this week. Also he let Woodley play before he was fully ready as well. We need those guys in my opinion when it REALLY counts. Am I alone here?

2. Coke Oven

Coke Oven Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    His lack of action makes me think that the rooneys haven't given mike full control.

3. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    So they gave control to Ben and BA instead? Hmmmmm. No wonder we stink. :shock:

4. Stiller3

Stiller3 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I'm not sure if control is the right word. I'd like to see him motivate these players since its apparent they can't motivate themselves.

Can't unleash hell if hell doesn't have anything to unleash.

5. Coke Oven

Coke Oven Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Tomlin's a pretty smart guy. The fact that he hasn't done anything to fix things makes me think that he doesn't have enough control. Ben and BA? Not sure there. And my yes, we do stink.

6. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Maybe what I should say is should Tomlin be more IN CHARGE of the team and the players.

7. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I have a hard time with fact that 52 guys on the team have to follow the rules and do as they are told but Ben seems to be the exception. I know there have been fans that since he is getting paid 100 mil plus you let him do what he wants, he is the franchise Qb let him play how he wants, however I think he continues to regress and is shortening his career since he is not being forced to change the bad habits and develop good ones.

8. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I agree Thorn. Whether people like him or not I don't believe Bill Cowher would've allowed Ben to play in 2 meaningless games just for a CHANCE to get a bye. He could have DEFINITELY got a bye if he would have just sit down for the last 2 weeks of the season. We know he is tough and he has nothing to prove. I just don't get it.