1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Dobbs vs Rudolph (If need be)

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SDOT, Nov 10, 2020.

Who can win the game?

Poll closed Nov 15, 2020.
  1. Dobbs

58.1%
  2. Rudolph

41.9%
  1. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I don’t see any situation, barring injury, where Tomlin starts Dobbs over Rudolph. If he thought Dobbs was better, he would be active on game day. Am I the only one that remembers a half of football against the Raiders? Rudolph and his nose so bright has 5 wins as a starting quarterback. Maybe he doesn’t carry Ben’s IPAD because he can’t. But I’d much rather him against the Bengals than the Ravens and had the Rats not put that dirty hit on him, he might have beat them last year.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Thank you. So true. Must have been that great pre season game :lolol:

I will state again for the record they need to draft a QB in the 1st next season. It's time. I have been in Masons corner giving him the benefit of the doubt but I fear he is seeing the ghosts of season past. And Dobbs is what he is, a brilliant mind with below average QB skills.

3. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    If Ben is staying on for another year or two I don’t think they’ll go QB in the 1st. If they feel the Super Bowl window is still open then a player that can contribute immediately makes more sense in my opinion.

They’ll have several positions of need depending on who stays or goes in free agency.

4. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    I would let Rudolph play the 1st half and be ready to switch if he did poorly.

5. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    He didnt catch very well so a Int is a bit of a stretch to predict... Exactly why he should have been converted to Single High..

6. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    No more trades please. Who or what would we give up?

7. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    It was sort of a joke.

8. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    It would have to be. The trade deadline was last week.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    I'll take 5-3 over zip myself

10. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Mason has more Steeler wins as a starter than Dobbs has pass completions in a regular season Steeler uniform. :razz:

Last edited: Nov 12, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I still remember a game Dobbs came in against Oakland after Ben got hurt and we were winning. Ben had to come back in to lead the comeback for what would have been the winning score. Of course our Butler was still trying to get acclimated to our defense and we lost. I will take Mason!

12. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Just throwing this out there as the "What if" story line. What if Ben gets hurt and cannot complete the season. Then Mason Rudolph comes in and becomes or Nick Foles and wins the Super Bowl. Is everyone jumping on the bandwagon or still going to scream for a QB in the draft!

13. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    There is only one QB in the NFL who can succeed under Futchner, and that is Ben, because Ben has been here long enough to have the command to do what he wants. Anybody else here playing QB, doesn't matter if it's MaHomes or a respected veteran, will have to run the plays Futchner calls and that will be the end of the season.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I’d still want to draft a QB. Foles played way above his ability in that SB run, he’s not good as a starter, does better coming off the bench. He looked awful for the Bears Monday night. Other backups have won SB’s, too, Jeff Hostleter comes to mind as another.

I think Masons calling will be that of a backup QB, just don’t see starter material from him.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Need to use green font.

16. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    He’s got McCloud at safety now.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  17. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    I use the "eye test " alot, on OL play, and everything else...I guess I'm not much of an anylitics guy...

Jmo...But what MY eye sees is someone who..
    A) either has no arm
    B ) Lacks confidence, and is playing scared ( Rudolph )

Mason looks like he " guides " the ball," aims " it...Idk if that is playing scared, or playing NOT to make a mistake...

But if I remember correctly, coming out of College...Masons pre Draft analysis was, He had a " good " but not a cannon arm...What I see now looks like a lollypop arm...

Again, For someone who was supposed to have a " good " arm, It sure as hell doesn't look like it...

Simple as " Get your read, pull your arm back, and let it rip " !

18. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Sadly, I think it is unrealistic to believe that Rudolph could even be as good as Foles at this point. At least Foles has shown he can get the job done as a short-term fill-in. I don't trust Rudolph to do that, though Dobbs is probably even worse.

• Like Like x 1
  19. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Did you say that because Dobbs actually is a rocket scientist or did you not even know that?

Just wondering if on purpose or a coincidence.

20. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    Trade deadline is over anyway.

21. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    Could you imagine if we were in a position to draft Mahommes? Guy would be absolutely ruined under the guidance of Finchtner.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I actually do not know if scientist is correct, I heard he studied rocket engineering or science. tt was just meant as a lighthearted remark to the pic.

23. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    Neither thank you very much

24. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Delusional

25. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    This take always cracks me up. So the place where Ben and the Steelers historically struggle. Dobbs getting throw to the fire there is going to define his whole career? What about the Panthers preseason game where he looked like a better version of Lamar Jackson. What about the Ravens game where he stepped in and threw a dart from our endzone? Honestly, that's more than I've ever seen from Rudolph.

Another Steelers Super Bowl? Sign us all up. Nobody goes out there way to hate on Rudolph. He's just bad at football and looks like he regressed this year.

• Disagree Disagree x 2