1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you want Ben as our starting QB in 2021?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelerGlenn, Jan 17, 2021.

1. Yes

37 vote(s)
    31.9%
  2. No

79 vote(s)
    68.1%
  1. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    That's why the Ab = He was kinda helpful.

2. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Agree and this is why never trust the media. The good things people say about someone doesn't sell as much as negative or bad things said about someone does. Sensationalized reporting is the thing these days to get clicks and attention, i.e. ESPN esp in the off season. The same goes for players when they open their mouths seeking attention which they hope equals potential media coverage and cash flow. IMO

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    That's the problem. Find me numerous former teammates that criticized brady, Montana, manning, brees, etc.. thats the problem. I'll give another an example though this guy plays a different position. Terrell owens. He SPLIT locker rooms. Their were people who were on his side but alot of people who weren't. Not saying Ben is T.o but just showing that jsut because a some like you doesn't mean you're a good leader or teammate. Difference is you have players where no one complained at all about them. That's the same thing with Ben. Never said no one didn't like him. But as a qb numerous people shouldn't have been calling him out for his leadership. Aaron rodgers is in the same boat as ben.. You can't find a handful of guys for those other qbs I named that say anything bad about them. Their guys swear by them. Sanders even said manning was a far better leader than ben..

Last edited: Feb 15, 2021
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    So what. Whether Ben is a good leader or not is irrelevant. That’s not a legitimate excuse for AB’s actions.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Everyone gets criticized, even the great Tom Brady. It’s literally these analysts jobs. Ben has called his teammates out in the press, he gets criticized for it, doesn’t mean they think he is a bad leader all around.

Manning got criticized for calling out his line. Yes, he did no matter what excuses you make for him, I was alive when it happened and watched him get cut up for it on the talk shows.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    About 10 or so years ago I remember the talking heads (analysts) saying Brady is going to lose his team if he keeps getting in the face of fellow teammates. How that work out?;)

• Like Like x 1
  7. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Same here. I remember it clearly. I was even glad when the press was on P. Manning's A$$. Something about him always bothered me. I think because he was really good, but not as great as the Press , & NFL tried 2 sell Him as.

8. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I would love to see AB own his f@#%ing bullsh!t behavior once. Just once! Admit that you screwed up and own it and stop blaming someone else. Stop playing the victim and own your dysfunctional Jekyll and Hyde crap.

Do you realize how ridiculous you come across by defending AB's sh!tty behavior and blaming it in Ben?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    Short answer: nope.

• Like Like x 2
  10. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Ben is not a bad leader just because of AB.

11. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    So again find me even 5 former teammates of brady, manning, brees, etc.. publicity critiquing them. Not jsut analysts. FORMER TEAMATES. Hines is not an analyst. Redman isn't an analyst. Ab wasn't an analyst. Joey porter isn't an analyst. Emmanuel sanders isn't an analyst.

12. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Right. Its also why emmanuel sanders when he left said he's now playing with a real leader at qb. He just said that for no reason since Ben's leadership has no effect on nobody.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  13. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    :facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    LOL I’ll get right on that for you. None of it is what you claim to be anyway, he gets criticized for calling out his teammates. You make the rest of it up.

Show me the links claiming what you say. Only thing I recall Hines ever criticizing Ben for was when he didn’t play through a concussion and Hines was wrong for it. Sanders said Peyton is a better leader, OMG! Stop the press. News flash, someone is always better, Sanders would probably say Peyton is a better leader than Brady, too. AB LMFAO, moving on. I have no idea what Redman said, link it. Porter :lolol:, you mean the guy who starts fights with bouncers and causes trouble at a HS football game, you really love these low character guys don’t you. Yes, lets put a lot of stock into what Porter has to say.

• Like Like x 3
  15. 4124life

4124life Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2018
    You’re on Steelers forum with the most diehard steeler fans, why are you shocked an ex steeler that left on bad terms is not loved around here ? That’s sports in general, AB gets criticized, Ben has gotten criticized for years and years, stop acting like this is exclusive to brown.

An stop being a fanboy of another man to that degree. you’re way to old for that bs

• Like Like x 1
  16. 4124life

4124life Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2018
    That dude is the most anti Steelers poster I’ve seen on here. Most of his posts are talking about brown or how much better players on other teams are compared to steelers players.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    yes, you're right, but also taking his post as written, he actually states Ben's leadership does have effect, ('no effect on nobody' means he does on everyone, lol). Oh well, I get what the intent was but I'm retired, bored, its freezing out, and I am nit picking for self entertainment.

• Like Like x 1
  18. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I'm telling you it's Ab , or like one of his " Buddies", or a clueless person.

19. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    That was not nice. I apologize.

20. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    Just because you and 5 other imbeciles think Ben is a bad leader, does not mean that Ben is a bad leader.

You know the saying, when the hole you're standing in keeps getting deeper, stop digging.

But I guess you have to be smart enough to recognize it.....

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. THREE RIVER SHIVER

THREE RIVER SHIVER Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2017
    Ben may or may not be a good leader. Probably depends who is asked. What i do know is some people that comes natural to and some it doesnt. I believe over the years he has got better at it, but im not sure its natural to him. With that being said im ok with Ben picking when he walks away from this game. He has been a great player for us and he deserves to leave on his own terms. Pretty sure the organization will give him that option. I for one dont wanna see this guy in another uniform.

• Winner Winner x 1
  22. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    It's more than 5 people that have said it i just only named 5. Several former players that have played with Ben have said he's not a good leader. And he's not. Ryan Clark the ultimate ab hater even said Ben is not a good leader.

23. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Hines said he needs to do more as a leader and he said exactly what I said about the AB situation. Ben's part of the problem shouldn't ignored https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...on-ben-roethlisberger-you-should-know-better/

Ryan Clark the ultimate ab hater he went as far as to say AB isn't a human being HE even acknowledged Ben is not a leader.

Emmanuel sanders didn't only day peyton was a better reader but he also said "“I promise you this situation got way worse when Big Ben said that AB has to come flat on that play," Sanders said. "This is the leader of that team, and you’re gonna throw somebody under the bus? You could have handled that interview totally different…you didn’t have to throw Antonio Brown’s name in there You put that whole situation on Antonio Brown. I bet Antonio Brown was frustrated with that.” another person who also is stating DOTN ABSOLVE BEN from any blame for why the AB situation turned how it did.

He also said this "It’s like, you’re the leader of this team, be a leader. That’s the reason why my comments when I first became a Denver Bronco, and I said Peyton Manning was a far better leader than Ben Roethlisberger, that’s the reason why all that now is coming to fruition. I don’t lie, I don’t hate anybody, I just speak the truth, and that’s the truth”.

Here's what Josh Harris said about Ben "Harris told SI that Roethlisberger was not interested in getting to know his teammates and that, unlike the other veterans in the room, would not have conversations with most players. Harris said Roethlisberger was really only close with his offensive line. The former back says that is why players like Antonio Brown wanted to leave the team."

Former NFL running back Najeh Davenport, who joined the Steelers that season after spending four seasons in Green Bay, says he soon heard the jabs at Roethlisberger, then 24, despite the quarterback's remarkable two-year résumé of success. "Team leaders there didn't respect the fact that he didn't respect what it took to be like a champion, like a true champion," Davenport says.

And when Joey porter called him out int he locker room it was reported majority of the team felt that way about Ben but Joey was just the one who had the fortitude to address it. Again he is not a leader and is not absolved form zero blame. Take your steelrs black and yellow glasses off and face the facts.

24. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Two things can be true but everyone here can't accept that. Hes a great player and future first ballot hall of famer. That doesn't make him a great leader. Rodgers is the same way. Bad leader but great player.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  25. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    I'm done with your bullsh!t and delusions. You are just way too far out there.

• Agree Agree x 2