1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you think Bud Dupree is going to have a new contract before the season?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelersfan43, May 10, 2019.

1. MeanJoeBlue

MeanJoeBlue Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2013
    I was reading the NFL.com articles on "each team's franchise QB". The QB drought for the Steelers was 1983-1990, and this was Ali Bhanpuri's comment:
    "From 1972 to 2018, the Steelers won 26 more games (455) than the next closest team (Patriots) and missed the playoffs just 16 times. Four of those disappointing seasons fell within this seven-year window. During their QB drought, the Steelers turned to Cliff Stoudt, David Woodley, Scott Campbell, Steve Bono, Todd Blackledge, Bubby Brister and Malone, who combined to go 63-64. At one of their lowest periods during the Super Bowl era, the Steelers basically went .500. Their bad is so much better than everyone else's."

2. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    I think Dupree is a 5th year pickup option due to need. The Steelers had too many holes elsewhere to drop a player who has been a decent starter. Sure his edge pass rush is not good which is why he's drafted, but he's been serviceable elsewhere with this team leading the league in sacks last year.

I see Dupree hitting free agency next year with the Steelers drafting high at OLB/edge in the top 3 rounds next year.