1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Do we rebound or collapse?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by bigbenhotness, Dec 8, 2020.

1. We beat the bills and be back in the SB talks

28.6%
  2. We lose, bring doubt to a third straight collapse

52.4%
  3. Stop being a bedwetter BBH

19.0%
  1. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    I believe the Steelers season has already hit the high water mark with a fizzle and is in the early stage of free fall. I have already forgot about seeding, and beating KC, and all the other fantasy gibberish on this board previously. How do I know this? All of the articles and talk about how bad we are on offense and injuries on defense plus the Mark I eyeball evaluation. . I don't think Pouncey ( who is well past his prime) and JC ( who I don't believe can create his own lanes to run through or get outside) will make a difference. After Monday, if we lose and the Clowns win, you can forget about the AFC North title and start considering a one and done playoff scenario. If we do beat the Bills, that will surprise the majority of people I've read and maybe we really do have a coaching staff that can manage adversity like this. If we win against the Bills and the Stains lose to the Rats, forget all I said above. I have to go by how we are trending and not by what I hope will happen.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I get pissed how I let it get to me but the snide remarks I hear from certain people stay with me. One thing I can thank the Pirates for, I never have to sweat them out. I know they suck and always will.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    It looks like this question is being answered in a resounding way. My guesses are Colbert retires. Roethlisberger says he wants to play, so the Steelers do not improve their backups, and in training camp realizes he can't play and retires. Tomlin stays and most of the offensive staff is fired. Or Tomlin is asked to resign and takes a TV gig. Tomlin will not be fired. This will be one of the most interesting off-seasons in a long time, or since 2019 and the AB drama.

4. Tank McGee

Tank McGee Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2015
    I don't believe this team is capable of turning around what is an epic collapse. There are to many weaknesses from top to bottom that have been exposed. QB is unable to pass accurately. No consistent running game. Terrible O-line. Lack of leadership. I'm hoping for a miracle but realistically I don't think there's another "W" this season.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Benny Lava

Benny Lava Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2019
    We are rebounding like a deflated basketball

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Way too optimistic (which in this case is pessimistic). My guess, Shaun Sarrett becomes the sacrificial lamb and that's it. Ben comes back and Randy gets one year.

7. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Well, if Tomlin's past counts for anything, we finish like a spent bottle rocket!

I predict we lose to the Bills and the Bengals:cool:

8. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
  9. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    Yep, they'll make minimal changes, wouldn't doubt seeing Ben and Tomlin get an extension. Rooney and Colbert will blame injuries, as if they're ever going to get through a season 100% healthy.

Same crap, different year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    No way Ben gets an extension. His contract is up next season and if they would extend him I'd say the Steeler organization has lost it's mind.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Guess we didn’t rebound. No one should be comfortable with how things are shaping up. If we need someone to blame then it’s got to be Ben. He needs to realize he’s hurting the team.

12. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    11 years of bad luck and injuries. As if every other team doesn’t have any.

13. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    If he doesn’t retire he will absolutely get another extension, probably two years, it’s the only way to get that $41m cap charge down. The big question is whether he wants new money (guarantees) as part of the extension. The team needs to tread very carefully there.

14. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I think the charges have been placed and the implosion is pending.

15. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    Extension ?? New Money?? :lolol:

Now if you are taking about ways to break up the money owed I’m not sure how that works but Ben can’t throw the ball 10 yards.

16. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    If he is playing next year they have to extend him, it’s not even a question, they’ll have to do it. If that’s the case my guess is they’ll do a two year extension, max restructure with no new money. He will play 2021, leaving them with approx $13m dead cap in 2022

I actually think there is a good chance he retires at the end of this season. I get the people referring to the years between Bradshaw and Ben and that we won’t know what we had until Ben is gone etc but at the end of the day we are entering a year or two of retooling and Ben is coming to the end anyway. It feels like a natural time for him to go, let them clean up their salary cap and rebuild in the draft etc. JMO

Next years draft needs to be tilted towards the offence, OLine in particular. I think Snell and McFarland can be productive in the right scheme but a good running back would be really useful as well.

17. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

Boy is this Rock vs Hard Place. Take the hit all in 2021, risk not signing TJ, cut Haden, Pouncey etc. Or spread the hit out 2 yrs, pay more money to a guy who is finished now, limit your FA options during a rebuild. The choices aren't good, but this day has been telegraphed for at least 2 yrs. and they may very well have only 1 playoff game - that turns out to be a loss- to show for it.