1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Do we rebound or collapse?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by bigbenhotness, Dec 8, 2020.

1. We beat the bills and be back in the SB talks

28.6%
  2. We lose, bring doubt to a third straight collapse

52.4%
  3. Stop being a bedwetter BBH

19.0%
  1. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Not too much to be hopeful about.

We lost too many good players, only guys coming back are Connor and Pouncey. They won’t fix what ails us.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    We can still get Spillane Haden Nelson

• Like Like x 1
  3. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Say what now? I don't see the similarities between last season and this season.

4. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Nelson hurt knee against Ravens, Haden got a concussion and when you get a concussion its hard in todays NFL to return on short week.

Hopefully Nelson comes back or we are looking at Sutton and Layne going against some good Bills WR.

5. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    I am a big Rat fan this coming weekend. I would put more faith in the Stains winning the division right now than us. Hard for me to even type this but that is what my eyes are telling me. A few years ago, we were like 7-4 with a 2 game lead over the Rats and dropped our last 4 or 5 games. This feels very similar. I could be off a tad on this but Tomlin has been known to blow the 4th qtr of the season with style.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Our offense was a dud going into the bills game and defense was doing well. Mason and duck did short passes and had no run game, sound familiar? Lol

• Like Like x 1
  7. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    Last season we had a questionable offense. This season, we have a questionable offense. Both seasons had pretty good defenses. Seems similar to me. The records are different, granted, but that could have been due to Covid related issues possibly. Who knows. Last year we did what we did with what we had. This year, we have Ben and still our offense is questionable. 21 yards rushing? Hard to tell who was playing center yesterday as both JC and Pouncey roll the ball back about the same.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    The Glenn in me keeps hoping they are holding back and got something different for the playoffs. At this point it's important to just get healthy for the playoffs imo. Home field doesn't mean anything without fans. Get healthy and give it our best shot in the playoffs. NFL screwing the Steelers and fans taking it finally caught up. Too many injuries. Ben is going to have to get back to old Ben in the playoffs and take some hits for plays.

9. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    We could have addition by subtraction. Replace RF and things could improve rapidly.

10. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Keep your head up bbh, there's 1/4 of the season left...Ben wouldn't do you dirty like that.

• Like Like x 1
  11. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Spillane missing some time but not season ending. Next man up. Great defense or not we need to score points. Ben and randy need to man up and get creative. Also, take the damn points. Team imposing their will that they don’t have just doesn’t work. Play smart, safe, change things up. Don’t abandon the run if it’s not working, try something else. JC will help.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  12. Steelers304

Steelers304 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2015
    Nothing is gonna change with the offense. We all know it. It's gonna be same predictable 3 yard passes and awful run game against the bills next week. Add the receivers and the tight end dropping more passes than anyone in the NFL and that makes it even worse. Injuries mounting on defense as well, honestly feel the Steelers will be lucky to win again this season , including the playoffs. There has not been one game I've watched this year where I thought the Steelers were dominant, other than Cleveland who is gonna most likely gonna put a hurting on us when we play agan having chubb back . This team really has barely skated by a lot of average to poor teams. The 11-1 record really is deceiving. You're a homer if you can't understand that

• Like Like x 1
  13. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    They suck, we’ll crush them!

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Lot`s of doomsayers here. I think we rebound. If we lose it will be a squeaker.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    We bounce back and get a quality win. :cool:

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Bills should be a tough game to win. Góod team or bad team the Steelers have about the same chance of winning according to past statistics. The late seasonal collapse 2 years running needs to be dropped routinely or be replaced.

Go Steelers

Last edited: Dec 10, 2020
  17. Da Stellars

Oct 22, 2011
    Was that Hillbilly Biker’s saying?

• Like Like x 1
  18. Steelers '08

Steelers '08 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2016
    Injuries happen to every team unfortunately but for us it’s going to be can we run the damn ball or not? Having Ben throw the ball 50-55 times a game is playing with fire. Heck it would be with any quarterback. We need Conner back and he needs to step his game up. I’m very surprised we made it to 11-0 without a running game for the most part. I know Bell was a headache but I miss that guy being in the backfield. He could run the rock. Snell is terrible he needs to go. What was it 6 carries for 6 yards Monday? I think all of the backs together totaled 26 yards rushing. That is not going to beat anyone in the playoffs. Hopefully we can get that bye rest the crew and make a nice SB run!

19. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    We will rebound, but not this week.

20. rocketdog

rocketdog Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2016
    We were ahead of Washington 14-0. Tomlin let them get away with that FG right before half. Obliviously wash coaching staff made adjustments at half and ours didn't. We did look tired and scared. Buffalo will beat our ass. We are going down hill now instead of peaking for a playoff run. As long as we get lucky and beat the browns I will be happy.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

yeah with one big difference. You know the Browns are going to be the browns everytime. they usually take a crap at some point.

22. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    If it was any other year i would say collapse, i think we will go 3-1 down the stretch

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  23. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Ooo that's what I like to see. Hotness is fired up.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  24. Da Stellars

Oct 22, 2011
    This Bills game might be the most important game of the season. If we win, I think we can take that momentum into the playoffs.

If we lose I think we crash and burn.

• Agree Agree x 2
  25. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    You bet your ass I am. I’m taking that game thread too. Voluptuous Ben ready to come back lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1