1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Do we rebound or collapse?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by bigbenhotness, Dec 8, 2020.

1. We beat the bills and be back in the SB talks

28.6%
  2. We lose, bring doubt to a third straight collapse

52.4%
  3. Stop being a bedwetter BBH

19.0%
  1. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Does this team actually learn from their mistakes? Can we beat a good team this late? Will we just whimper away and let the haters have a good Christmas?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. Frost33

Frost33 Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2014
    I'm never ok with a loss, it pisses me off that they lost and looked pretty terrible doing it! With that said, I'm hoping that this will be a gift for them in the long run. Listening to interviews, I think some of the players were starting to buy their own hype and were looking too far ahead. Overall this is a young team, especially at WR so being 11-0 was going to their heads, which is showing on the field. Look at the performance of these WRs a few weeks ago vs now. Look at all the dropped balls and bad routes the last few weeks. Getting punched in the mouth could be exactly what this team needs to refocus and get their eye back on the prize.

All that said, it really depends on these injuries. Losing the bye week seems to be catching up with this team and players are dropping. Hopefully they're minor dings and nothing major.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    After that sad performance yesterday they better get their heads screwed on straight or its going to be a bad Sunday for all of us.

The warning signs have been their from this offense. Time is getting short. And the injuries are mounting.

I will be cheering and hoping they turn it around but I wouldn't be surprised with a loss unfortunately.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    This. I believe the schedule changes have been an issue as well as the loss of the bye week. And of course the injuries mounting and lack of a balanced offense.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    This time we really are doomed.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Buffalo looked really good last night. We're going to have to step up to beat them.
    The thing is, we have the talent, but unless something changes with our playcaling/game plan, we aren't going to go far. Throwing 3-4 yards all the time isn't going to get it done. Throwing 50+ times while running 15 times isn't going to get it done.

We're a severely flawed team right now and it isn't magically going to fix itself. The coaches need to make some pretty big changes or we can forget about a SB appearance, let alone a win

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Teams have early byes every year. Teams deal with injuries every year. That's just part of football. Injuries are not why we have perhaps the most conservative offence in the entire league. That is on Ben and the coaches and it needs to be addressed right now. Being 11-0 was hiding our issues, but they've been there for a while.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    The hopeful optimist in me made me choose number 1, but I clicked it with an asterisk b/c if something doesn't change, I'm too worried about number 2. The last 2 games have definitely smelled like number 2.

9. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I don't see the Steelers beating the Bills on Sunday. Looks like both of our starting corners are going to be out. Plus, the D is down to a 3rd string ILB who has only been on the team for a few weeks. Steelers won't win a shootout with the Bills. The Bills offense is better than ours... and their D is better than our D in it's current injured state, too.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    It'll be dependent on Spillane and Haden's injury reports. No way we can contain Allen without one or both. I do think we play better as the Bills defense isn't as good as Washington's. Also, it's not like our defense didn't play well last night. Three of the WFT's gash plays were legitimate luck and I'm talking out of my ass.

11. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I guess losing the bye caught up with them right after they went up 14-0.

12. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    This looks like last year all over again, around the same time facing Buffalo too lol

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    As did Cleveland Sunday.

14. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    I can't decide yet so went with bedwetting. Steelers looked tired last night to me.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    When you have 3 stubborn heads working together , nothing changes, its over congrats to the Stains for winning the North.

16. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Agree, said the same thing last night. Steelers looked tired last night. No fans in the stands does not help either, seems like there is no motivation.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    It’s over folks

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    If we don't start running the ball better it's not going to get better. Maybe Conner coming back rested will help.

Steelers let Washington hang around and it bit them. Wasn't like they couldn't have won the football game.

Coaching and offense of play calling needed looked at.

At 11-1 who thought we be here at this point. I thought this was a 10-6 team maybe 11-5 at best. So they are there.

The 1st seed is in massive jeopardy, it be an epic collapse to not win the AFC North, but I think the right the ship, but I still thinking looking at going 2-2 down the stretch could be possible, unless we get the corners healthy again.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  19. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    I could see this team losing an additional three games and possibly ending up being the #5 seed, if Cleveland wins out. I say this because the Steelers have not improved over the course of the season. The offense continues to be inconsistent without a running game. The special teams are worse. And the defense is weaker because of injuries. 11-0 masked a lot of flaws, which I do not think the coaching has tried to fix.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I think we lose to the Bills, then get some guys back (Haden, Nelson, Spillane, etc) to beat Cinci and Indy to sit at 13-2 entering Week 17. If that happens, we should have the division and 2nd seed clinched, and we play a limited lineup in Cleveland, likely ending up 13-3 with key players rested for the matchup vs. the 7 seed.

21. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    When they clinch a playoff spot, I'd say start resting guys, who cares where they end up on the list.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

If you listen to the media, they atre more or less saying we will collapse, ( mostly blameing Ben for throwing to much, saying he wants to be in the MVP talk lol) for the media to not talk abt us in the past, they sure are talking abt us today...

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    What’s over? Lol playoffs haven’t even started

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  24. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Of course... they are loving it. Friends were quiet all season and now out of the woodworks lol “you mad”

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Whats wrong with hayden and nelson ?