1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Do we make it far this year?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by bigbenhotness, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Yes, we push on through and steal a championship

59.3%
  2. No, Tomlin sucks, life sucks, I suck

40.7%
  1. Steelers89

Steelers89 Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2016
    We may not even have to face a certain giant hurdle in the postseason. And everyone is assuming the Chiefs will blow people out in the postseason. Folks, have you seen Andy Reid coached teams in the postseason before? Seriously.

In general, I don't trust this team. They could blow out the Chargers, then turn around and lose in Oakland. I don't think this is a mature gtoup.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Steelers89

Steelers89 Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2016
    That defense was dominant. Maybe not at the end of SB 43, but they were that season. If we had that defense in their prime today, this would be a clear cut SB favorite.

• Agree Agree x 6
  3. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

Want to make a side bet on the Chargers game? lol

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    "Short answer 'yes' with an 'if,' long answer 'no' with a 'but'."

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I'm tempted, but history has shown... Steelers actually show up and play good football for prime time games in December.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I didn't vote, want to see how they bounce back from Denver. One silver lining is it may have brought them back down to earth. Ben said as much, they were riding high after winning 6 in a row.

Now lets see them start another win streak and take care of these tough games ahead. If they do that, I think they can go pretty far.

• Like Like x 1
  7. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Well playing in NE in the playoffs is a loss, and then we are bad @den, @Oak, vs Jax, @Chi. Luckily those afc teams won't make the playoffs and if denver does its a wildcard. Chicago would be a neutral site in the SB if Steelers make it.

Andy Reid is Andy Reid + a rookie in the playoffs so Steelers may win in KC.

Steelers best hope is to kill the patriots off from getting a bye week. Houston is a great team but I feel comfortable playing in Houston rather than NE. Also prevents Pats from advancing worse case scenario we get knocked off.

So.

1. Win the rest of the AFC games
    2. Limit turnovers
    3. Stay healthy
    4. Byes arent required because rusty ben is awful, houston and kc are likely to win them, but i wouldnt complain if we did.

This Denver loss pretty much put this team in desperation mode but at this point they like this crap, backs against the wall and that lol

8. Confluence

Confluence Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2017
    I dont like having to choose between those two extremes., just want to take it week to week and see gradual improvement, frankly we need more consistency in the run game. I would like to see more Samuels and maybe even Ridley - it will decrease the chances of Conner getting injured (concussion) or fumble late in game

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Pretty wild Hottie, I think you've increased your total posts by 5000 just with this thread alone LOL ;). You go boy! (I was surprised you didn't claim a Big Ben Fat Head over your bed - he was one of the first available models when Fat Head started 10+ years ago).

As far as what the Steelers will do the remainder of this season - come on, my screen name isn't ChiTown! I like to face each week with no expectations and just act surprised by the outcome. I learned that hard lesson from the 94 and 95 seasons when I sprouted all my grey hairs, contracted GIRD, lost my first wife, lost my pickup, lost a ton of bets, lost a lot of sleep, lost all my 8 track tapes, you know.....kind of like Steve Martin at the end of the Jerk. :lolol: (at least I have this lamp and this ashtray)

10. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Please. Just stop. Peterson wasn't available. There are certainly areas in which you can fairly criticize the front office, but that isn't one of them.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    damn i guess my dong shrinking from the weight gain doesn't compare to you, but still lol

12. Jares

Jares Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2016
    I think it is 60-40 chances of making the playoffs, but I also think it is most likely one and done or maybe a wildcard win with a division loss. Also, as contrary as it sounds, they need to be an underdog. This current incarnation has shown year after year that they can't handle being a favorite.

13. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I just feel like ... even if we make the playoffs ... we're not the strongest team to represent the afc. Our team has way too many holes in it. Our qb is not consistent and even when he's having a good game ... the team seem to be inconsistent. We've had one game where we were firing on all cylinders. But, with that said, we will make playoffs and pick at the end of the draft again. Watching these other teams steal our draft picks.

14. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    well new orleans can be beat. :smiley1::cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Exactly. They can all be beat:

KC lost to NE, who lost to TEN, who also beat DAL, who beat NO
    Pit lost to Den, who beat LAC, who lost to KC, who lost to LAR in a nightmare scorefest (and they are the ones that really worry me)

All of that being said, I know that folks here are hoping for a 1st round bye. I'd rather take my chances on no off-week. We all know who shows up after a bye.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    im telling you bears or dallas wins the nfc and colts/chargers afc.

17. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Have you seen Mike Tomlin coached teams in the postseason?
    I took 6 fields goals and a lucky holding penalty to squeak by the chiefs in the playoffs a couple years ago.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    ..............or???

19. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    just saying it's one of those seasons lol

everyone is like saints rams chiefs

20. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
  21. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    I forgot about that. We didnt even score on them. If that was this chiefs team we would have lost by 2 TDs easily. But they had check down alex back then.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Rams now have the best and most consistent offense scoring 30+ 9 out of 11 games.
    Steelers just 5 games with 30 or more.

23. MeanJoeBlue

MeanJoeBlue Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2013
    Think of it this way. Which has better odds, being a 40%-to-win underdog in one game, or being a 60%-to-win favorite in two consecutive games?

You always take the bye.

24. MeanJoeBlue

MeanJoeBlue Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2013
    The Rams have allowed their opponents to score 30+ in 5 games.
    The Steelers only once.

25. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I'm surprised you forgot about that game, L Bell had a banner day!;+)