1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Do anyone believe the current steelers leadership can end this offensive nightmare

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Ytownsteeler, Oct 7, 2024.

1. Brice

Brice

Jul 18, 2018
    3 Turnovers and a blocked FG and the offense still can't score over 20.

And, my obligatory Fire Pat Meyer!!!! Comment :)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Michael E

Michael E Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2022
    If we were just a little worse, we'd be 0-5 and Tomlin would be getting another extension.

Someone, anyone, please END this nightmare.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021

upload_2024-10-12_7-8-24.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  4. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    What? Let’s take a look back:
    Need: ILB; Khan signs Queen to a relatively modest contract and drafts a guy who looks like a future star in P. Wilson
    Need: O Line; Khan drafts 3 more early lineman, 1 of which looks like a 10-year center and the other was showing well in his limited time before injury. Last year he traded up to get Jones.
    Need: SS; Khan gets a pretty solid player in Elliott to plug the hole for now
    Need: WR; Khan pushes all of his chips to the center of the table on Aiyuk - if anything he was too aggressive in that one. He also drafted a very solid #2 WR prospect who was injured early in camp.
    Need: Nickel; Khan gets a guy who was one of the best nickels in the league before Detroit tried to turn him into a MTM shutdown corner. Unfortunately the suspension is longer than I think was anticipated.
    Need: QB; We absolutely swindle the Broncos with the Wilson signing. Then we trade a pittance for Fields. It wasn’t my favorite move, but it was certainly worth trying at that level of compensation given Fields’ natural talent. What should Khan have done in your view? Trade the farm to get into the Top 10 for someone like Bo Nix?

Is it Khan’s fault that R Wilson hasn’t seen the field yet? Is it Khan’s fault that Fautanu is losing his rookie season to injury? Is it Khan’s fault that B. Jones has regressed in his second season? Is it Khan’s fault that Daniels tore his Achilles? Is it Khan’s fault that Benton seems to have regressed a bit? Is it Khan’s fault that Queen seems lost on the field after being a very solid player in Baltimore? Most of all, is it Khan’s fault that just about everything we do on both sides of the ball schematically is predictable and exploitable?

What do you want to see for aggressiveness? Do you want Snyder level of aggression? A team with the roster that Khan inherited can’t solve every need with stars in 1 or 2 years. He has anticipated the glaring O line need, but it looks like MASH unit right now. He made a big swing for the fences at WR. He traded for a solid MTM cover who we’re now playing heavily in off zone. He aggressively addressed ILB.

I think you’re barking up the wrong tree.

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 3
  5. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Elvis is in the HOUSE! Well said.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    week 2 with the same o-line. good news.
    warren practiced fully. good news.
    ade ogundeji was brought up off PS. good news for now. adds some needed depth at OLB. has a good many starts and snaps. over 1,000.

some +'s in a dismal looking week.

:cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    You definitely can't say he's tried

8. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022
    I see nothing wrong in disagreeing.
    He makes moves, I don't agree with the value you place on them.
    The QB's were "Ollie's specials" (let me know if you have never heard of Ollies.
    There's just nothing special about him to me.
    But I will say one thing, it does take a committee and not being a fly on the wall within the operations, blame might not be broad stroked enough.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I didn’t say that they were all the right moves. You usually don’t know that at a macro level until a few years have passed. However, he has been very aggressive compared to Colbert, and I do think that Khan inherited a situation from Colbert that was rapidly heading in the wrong direction. As for the QB situation, what was available within reason? I have no confidence in any of the QBs from last year’s roster except for Rudolph as a#2. I don’t know what Ollies are, but if it’s some sort of bargain basement kind of reference, well, the doors to Neiman Marcus were locked.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022

Spot on with Ollie's.
    About all I can budge on is "maybe" he gets better as it is true, he is only really 1 year proven.
    He did season with Colbert though, so not sure where that goes.
    But in comparison to guys like Lynch, he sucks. That's a very high standard though.
    He's got to find a way to be on the same page with the coaches to supply payers that better fit.
    ***Now I don't discount that fact that maybe Tomlin is the long pole in the tent. And despite what another poster argued, Yes, Omar does have a say in coaches.***
    At the moment, all these bargain basement moves just total up to mediocrity.
    I definitely could see a case for just taking some lumps, save the draft picks and address in the upcoming offseason - I just don't know if I have the faith in him for that but maybe.
    The Steelers need that Franchise QB.. ne'er do wells will only do just that.
    And to have a Franchise QB, they need to get some weapons to put around him.
    So I guess "wait-n-see" probably isn't bad. I dunno.