1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

DL. its been nice, but its time to go

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by lovembig, Sep 12, 2014.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    That was bad but then he lays it perfect for AB, go figure.

2. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah it's irritating. Ben and Wheaton just still don't seem to be on the exact same page yet though. Also what did you think about the play where AB was in bounds but didn't even try to argue it? That was sorta odd because it seemed like he didn't even know what was going on on that play. I just now thought of that. It hit me during the game but I forgot to ask people about it. If we hadn't challenged we wouldn't have got that catch.

3. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Maybe he was afraid of getting hit with am unsportsmanlike conduct penalty, refs were handing them out like candy.

4. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I think that play was before the Spence hold/Heyward eruption play though right? Although when I saw it in real time I thought he was out so I could see why he would think he was too.

5. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    I saw him as being in in real time. I was wrong about one thing: I thought he took 3 steps before going out. ;)

Maybe Brown wasn't sure if his right foot was touching when he made the catch and figured he screwed up? :shrug:

6. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I forgot how beastly Kirkland was.... man, that was good stuff.

I keep trying to find vid of where Lloyd blasted Farve and knocked him back 5 yards in the air. Also I think there is a goalline stand where Bell and Farrior absolutely leveled a Browns RB

7. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I have that game on video. I should try to get that clip on youtube.

[​IMG]

8. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    My favorite Steeler of all time !

9. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    for me too

10. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Avoid Lloyd! Just Plain Nasty! I wasn't hired for my Disposition!

How this Defense could use some Lloyd injection!

Lloyd is my all time fav as well.

11. Tarrytown Steeler

Tarrytown Steeler Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Not only has the drafting been poor, but the decisions on whom to offer long term deals is suspect as well. So Mr. Colbert's name belongs in the discussion about cleaning house in the Steeler's organization at year end.

For God's sake, he took a flyer on a sleeper player in the 3rd round this year.

12. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Llyod was great, as Tomlin would say, hes a bad mofo.

13. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Yes you should, I tried to find that clip on youtube and couldn't find it love that hit.

14. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    A quote from Ryan Wilson CBS Sports:

"The Steelers may not like to call it rebuilding but that's exactly what's going on. No longer one of the oldest units in the league, names like James Farrior, Aaron Smith, Casey Hampton, Ryan Clark, and until last week, James Harrison, have been replaced by Ryan Shazier, Cameron Heyward, Steve McLendon, Mike Mitchell and Jarvis Jones.

And when that happens, it doesn't matter how good the coaching is, there's going to be an adjustment period. That's exactly what we've seen through the first month of the season. This has little to do with the game passing by 77-year-old defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau and everything to do with a young group with no real idea what it's doing."

15. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Is that the hit where Farve went to the sideline and puked then the leagued fined Lloyd for the hit even though Farve said it was a good clean hit? Only time I actually liked Brett Farve.

16. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I might be mixed up. The game I have is at Green Bay in '92. The sack you are talking about is in preseason of 1995. Lloyd wasn't flagged, but was later fined 20K according to Lloyd.

17. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Dude to not like Brett Favre??? COME ON MAAAAAN! LOL! He is maybe my favorite football player of all time. I still love seeing a Steeler lay him out though. LOL. He is DEFINITELY my favorite non Steeler of all time. I got sick of all his hanging around but there are VERY few athletes that were more fun to watch when they were in their prime.

18. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Ditto, I liked Farve and he was one tough SOB

19. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Toughest of all time and it's not even close. I think only Ben and Steve McNair are the closest to him actually. Also I would put the great John Elway in that tough guy category as well.

20. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I would have to put Dan Fouts on the tough list as well. He was not mobile and waited till the last moment for an open WR and he got clobbered a lot.

21. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Also one of the better colour analysts around.

22. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I was at that game, I believe it was a preseason game Lloyd hit Favre so hard it was crazy. Needless to say Brett Favre never came back in that game.Oh how I miss him,He enjoyed hitting people, something we haven't had since.He would bite Silverback's head off and hand it back to him, thats how NASTY he was. By far the most intimidating Steeler in my life time.

23. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Couldn't agree more!

24. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Maybe. What I saw against the Bucs was the old Ben, who wants to make the big play on every single play. Too many pump fakes (at the wrong time in the drive), holding on to the ball when it needed a quick release. Yeah, the o-line could have done better, as could Bell's blitz pick up, but Ben has to work with that too.