1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Dixon Should Start Over Batch !

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Tdot Steeler Fan, Dec 15, 2011.

1. SteelerD

SteelerD Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    The ability to throw the ball a long distance does not equate to being able to throw a long, accurate, well timed, complete pass.

2. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    [youtube:3i88g5j9]RuApUnebpoA[/youtube:3i88g5j9]

1st pass ... I believe #10 is Dennis Dixon, no? He has the long ball. I can't find where he hit Wallace in end zone... I believe I saw a hightlight during the Browns game when they thought Ben wouldn't come back in.

[youtube:3i88g5j9]uFAA2tTaIwA[/youtube:3i88g5j9]

His first start and he had a good game. Some nice PA passing. Also, he is more natural with the quick release and doesn't hold the ball. He finds the play and pulls the trigger.

Also, I don't watch a lot of college ball, and, until you mentioned it, I never knew what team he played for. So, it would be a little difficult for me to reference his collegiate play, as you say. I am referring to liking his play as a Steeler.

If you prefer Batch, then that's fine. Do you. Cuz I'ma do me. And prefer Dixon.

Holla

3. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    His first year in 96 they weren't that bad.

I'm just saying Batch probably would have a higher completion percentage in this game. He could drive the ball between the 20's. Let Dixon come in and be "Slash" in the redzone.

Just go with both of them and switch them out in certain favorable situations....

4. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    His first year in 96 they weren't that bad.

I'm just saying Batch probably would have a higher completion percentage in this game. He could drive the ball between the 20's. Let Dixon come in and be "Slash" in the redzone.

Just go with both of them and switch them out in certain favorable situations....[/quote:2daayg3e]

I can get with this approach! :this!:

I'd just like to see DD get some PT.

5. BLACKnGOLDsince72

BLACKnGOLDsince72 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Yes he looked good in a couple of highlights. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then. Like I said. There's a reason he didn't get the job as our #2 back-up QB. Making plays with his legs is just fine until some big D end or linebacker smashes him to the turf. That's a highlight of his we've seen also ;) With a full week's practice under his belt I'd still rather see CB if Ben can't go.

6. mstng1863

mstng1863 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I am torn on this topic as I have always heard that Batch knows the offense much better, but I also like Dixon's athleticism. I hope they are both in uniform just in case Ben cannot not go or is too ineffective on Monday.

7. BLACKnGOLDsince72

BLACKnGOLDsince72 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Agree and while I'd prefer CB getting the start I'd have no problem with DD coming off the bench here and there through the course of the game to run some stuff designed to play to his strengths.