1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Division and #1 seed

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelmac5, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Steelmac5

Steelmac5 Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    ok, I think we can win out, but we do have a hard game against the 49ers. But I still think we can win out. If we win out, we need the Ravens to lose 1 game for us to win the division and #1 seed. Who is the most likely if any to beat the Ravens? Here is their remaining schedule:
    Indy
    @SD
    Cleveland
    @Cincy

Personally the best two chances we have are SD and Cincy. Even though they haven't played well this year, I think SD has the best chance to beat the Ravens and the 2nd best chance is Cincy. We also need the Texans to lose one game, but I think that happens because they don't have a QB and they lost their #1 WR again.

Mike

2. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I don't see Ravens losing, but if they do it will be at Chargers....

3. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I don't think we will win out which means the Rats have to drop at least 2... and I can't see that happening. They aren't winning pretty (remind you of another team?) but they are winning.

4. PDXSteelers

PDXSteelers Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    If Cinci is still fighting for a playoff berth, they will beat the Ravens.

5. Steeldefense08

Steeldefense08 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Even if we win out and ratbirds lose one. we still dont get 1seed. Yahoo playoff gen shows Pats 12-3 at 1seed, Texans 12-3 at 2nd seed and Us at 3seed with 12-3 record.

6. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Steelers will get the #1 seed if:
    Steelers win out + one Ravens loss + one Texans loss

7. Steeldefense08

Steeldefense08 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    yes Texans gotta lose 1. I think thats a good chance since they Yates.

8. colsteveaustin

colsteveaustin Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Chargers are toast.They will not beat the Ravens.Our only hope is if Cincy can pull it off?I just want the Steelers to win their remaining games.We are in control of that.The rest will take care of itself.

9. SteelerFanInKC

SteelerFanInKC Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I for one, I guess, believe that the Steelers can win out and still get the one seed. It seems that I am pretty much alone in thinking that. Houston goes to Cinci next week. Anyone think that Cinci can win that one???? I do! Baltimore has shown us that they can lose to inferior teams but I don't expect them to lost to the Colts next week. I do, however expect that they will lose to either the Chargers or the Bengals before it's all said and done. I don't understand why everyone seems to think that that can't happen? I also don't understand why most everyone on this board seems to think that the Steelers will finish 12-4 without hesitating. Sure, they have to go to SF, but they will have 11 days to get rested and prepared for that game and it will mean more to the Steelers than the Niners, chances are.

I'm calling my shot...........Steelers win out and go 13-3. Baltimore loses to either or both times to SD and Cinci. Houston will lose to Cinci next week. NE will win out as well and go 13-3 and be the two seed.

10. SteelerFanInKC

Nov 14, 2011
    I assume you believe that they will lose to the niners, right?

11. ScottChab

Oct 17, 2011
    I'm not assuming we will lose to the Niners but if we do lose a game, I think it will be to them.

12. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    yep no way the texans run the table

13. colsteveaustin

colsteveaustin Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I just hope we can win out.The rest will take care of itself.

GO STEELERS!!

14. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    Im guessing we are going to Denver as a 5th seed with a 13-3 record Denver will have a 10-6 record....I know how the rules are written...I HAVE A REAL PROBLEM WITH US AT 13-3 VISITING DENVER 10-6..with a 3 game lead(US)...Why should they host?..I know they won division bla bla bla...We have a 3 game lead on them...yeah its the NFL way....How about we change that?Best overall record host division?..Why should a team with a 10-6 record HOST a game against a 13-3 team....Thoughts??

15. ScottChab

Oct 17, 2011
    It is what it is... but I think the Steelers would break Tebow in 2 regardless of where we play.

16. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    You are correct...It is what it is...Fair....Huh..not really .I really do NOT want to go to Denver...We have a 3 game better record than them BUT they host us??.....Gotta change these rules...Something wrong here!!

17. steelerdon

steelerdon Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    In a 3 way tie you throw out head to head and go to conference records

18. ScottChab

Oct 17, 2011
    Was it fair that the 7-9 SeaHags made the playoffs last year but the 10-6 Bucs and 10-6 Giants didn't? Seems a lot more unfair than a 13-3 team having to travel to play a 10-6 team.

19. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    Not fair at all....We have to get the best teams in the NFL in playoffs....A 7-9 team should NOT be in playoffs over a 10-6 team..I understand win your division crap but....Maybe we should go back to conference standings.....No divisions.....Best 6 teams fight it out...??Just askin

20. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    In any tie involving 3 or more teams, the tie within the divisions are broken 1st. This tie would be between the Ravens and the Steelers and would use the 2 team tie breaking rules. Then Ravens would advance in the tie braking procedure by their head to head sweep. Then the 2 team rules would be used to break the tie between the Ravens and the Texans.

21. SteelerFanInKC

Nov 14, 2011
    So it sounds like you expect Baltimore to win out? Not me! They lose to either SD or Cinci or both!

22. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    I hope you are right and I am wrong!!!!!....But I do not see that....Please let me be wrong!!!!!!!!

23. SteelerFanInKC

Nov 14, 2011
    Well as a fan of the Steelers, I don't think it was "fair" of Tomlin and LeBeau to NOT take a timeout against the Ravens after Torri Smith beat our coverage on the second to last play of the Ravens TD drive against us in Pittsburgh to REALIZE that the ONLY way we get beat in that game was a TD and NOT a FG! Torrie Smith dropped the TD pass by Flacco. Because he got BEHIND the coverage so instead of calling a timeout to make sure that the defenders.....Gay/Clark, not to name names, REALIZE that they keep ALL defenders in front of them and not allow the receivers to get behind them in coverage. Horrible and now the Steelers are fighting for the division and need help! Now that's not "fair" to me as a fan. No prizes for leaving timeouts on the board or realizing what that a reciever behind you in coverage will more than likely BEAT you!

24. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Unfortunately, there's no way the Ravens lose to the Chargers. The Chokers can't even beat themselves!

25. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Any given Sunday right? I expect Irsay to give a passioned speech about what beating Baltimore means to his organization, maybe Rats lay an egg like they did against Jags and Seahawks.