1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion on Todd Haley

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelByDesign, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Kevin James

Kevin James Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2012

Rooneys didn't account for the fact Ben would just go to Tomlin and ignore Haley during games. You never seen that with Arians.

I don't think it's far fetched at all, bad chemistry and unhappy players equal an unhappy locker room.

Players have anger over the owner's decision in which they don't agree with. Whether it's right or wrong on the players part, it is a major contributor.

2. Kevin James

Feb 11, 2012
    I work for whoever my boss is and I do my job regardless. With a question like that it's almost like you think Ben might sabotage the team or something. Ben doesn't play for Haley. He plays for the Steelers. It shouldn't matter who the oc is. Ben should be giving everything he's got on every play.[/QUOTE]

It's not the same. Players are millionaires and can always go to another team. I doubt you make as much or have the luxury of easily finding another job. These are kids who have been spoiled most of their lives and play a game for a living.

3. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    This is true. But for argument's sake, I'm not sure Arians' offense had much to do with that Super Bowl run. Against San Diego, the team needed a Holmes punt return to get back in the game. Against Baltimore, it was a Polamalu INT that sealed the deal--the offense's ability to do much of anything kept the game too close for too long. And in SB XLIII, against the Cards, Harrison's TD was the difference in the game. And let's not forget: Brady was out in 2008. That was a hug break for everyone in the AFC.

4. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I think this is fair assesment.

5. Kevin James

Feb 11, 2012
    I pretty much agree with your 5 statements, except for #2. IMO, Haley has only proven to be average, especially compared to Arians accomplishments. But the biggest difference is that Arians and our offense had chemistry and trust within each other. The fans forced Rooney to fire Arians, not the coach or the players.

As far as you finding it interesting Haley has become (in your words), a scapegoat, I am not surprised at and pretty much expected this to happen.
    Especially, when you think about all the bashing Arians took while we were in the middle of going to two SB's.

As matter of fact, how could anyone not be blaming Haley. All the people who bashed Arians through success over and over again can't possibly make any excuses for Haley and the people who never wanted Arians to leave in the first place can't be thrilled about Haley so far.

Yes, it's only been one season but wow, what a change it has been for our team in many ways. How many can honestly say they wouldn't rather Arians still be here?

I am sure we all hope the best for Haley for the sake of the team, but at this point we don't have much confidence things will change.

God forbid anyone criticizing LeBeau or even Tomlin so some extent, so the OC has been and will continue to be the fall guy as long as LeBeau is here. Yea, I know we are always ranked high on Defense, but it also helps that our offense controls the T.O.P.

But we have been lacking in Takeaways, Sacks, and Pressure on the QB. And of course, LeBeau's struggles against top QB's, minus the last Patriots game, when he actually played some man, bump and run, instead of 10 yard cushions.