1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Disbelief

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by BlacknGold40, Nov 7, 2011.

1. BlacknGold40

BlacknGold40 Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2011
    I,ve been a steeler die hard fan for 35 years, and this is the worst frigging coaching this team has ever had. I allmost kicked in my tv set last night on that last drive, seriously. WHERE THE F__K WAS OUR DEFENCE. All this talk about playoffs???? Are you people serious? We have wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to many problems to even think about playoffs. You actually think we could go anywhere if we were even in them?. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

2. Wreck

Wreck Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    agreed. this team is too up 1 week and completely shut off the next. We play excellent D against the Pats, making me think they read these forums. Then we go back to 10 yard coverage off
    the recievers against the ratbirds. Gay was AWFUL on the right side of the field. They picked his nose every time they needed a 3rd and short.

I literally almost shut the TV off completely when they started at the 10, cycled their downs to the 30...50...40...30...

I seriously am still so angry this morning. They show shots of Dick L. and Tomlin on the sideline just staring. Nothing to say?? TALK TO YOUR @(%I@(%@ TEAM.

3. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I agree with both of you 100%! I am so pissed this morning. If you get beat because the other team is just better then fine...but to HAND it to them and then see our coaches just standing there with BLANK stares on their faces...I just wanna hit something/someone :evil:

4. lovembig

lovembig Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    the Ravens wrs are much different than the Pats. the Pats have zero down the field threats so it was much easier to play man against them. the Ravens have 2 guys that can stretch the field and Smith is very fast. Clark is a big hitter and Troy is always the wildcard, but neither are great in coverage against faster guys.

they needed the 7 guys up front to get pressure on Flacco. Flacco made some great passes and he should get some credit. they were 14 of 21 on 3rd downs and Flacco had like 200 yards passing on 3rd downs. thats how they beat the Steelers.

they missed Woodley and Farrior. JH was a beast, but he couldnt do it alone. Hood, Hampton, Timmons, Foote, Kiesel, Worilds were all pretty quite.

i wish they would have let Carter play some last night. Worilds was a none factor.

5. bettissb40

bettissb40 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Been a Steelers fan for 50 yrs. and I have seen a lot worse than this. But what I saw yesterday made me so pissed, I could not see straight. I think the Rooney's need to get more involved in their investment and start from the top down ( Tomlin) all the way down the line. As far a Gay goes he would not play another game in a Steeler uniform. The D looked completely lost and it showed it letting the Ratbirds move the ball 90 yds down the field. What happened to the D we had last week against the Pats.

6. SteelerD

SteelerD Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    He looked slow, soft, and confused. We really missed Woodley last night.

7. BLACKnGOLDsince72

BLACKnGOLDsince72 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    See lovembig's post above. His assessment is pretty much spot on.

8. nitrous12

nitrous12 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I agree with your first assessment and also the point about getting pressure as that is always necessary.
    I think the front 7 had a pretty good game though. They did a good job containing the run, which we know they had to be very focused on. Foote had a good game and I don't know that Farrior could have played it any better. Woodley was missed. He may or may not have been able to make a play that could have changed the outcome of the game. Worilds seemed to have a pretty good start, but then I didn't see him much. I guess they did have some packages that moved Timmons back outside and brought Sylvester inside.
    Pressure was there last night. They managed some sacks and forced some throws. Don't get me wrong, I have seen better perfomances in terms of getting to the QB but I thought it was enough that it should have gotten the job done. The DBs were getting beat when Flacco had to drop and get the ball out or have someone on his back.

9. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Yep, that's hitting the nail right on the head. For too many years now the Steelers have had problems with being consistent. Some weeks they look like the best of the elite, and other weeks they almost look like a high school B team. This is nothing new, unfortunately. I've been hopeful for the last few years that they'd find a way to be more consistent, and this year has been a little better, but its still an issue some weeks.

Other than week 1 this year, I think the Super Bowl last year was the worst example of this in recent history. During the Super Bowl, even my wife said to me "This doesn't look like the team we've watched play all year. They look like they aren't even really trying to win."

10. RobVos

RobVos Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Ben had more yardage than Flacco, why didn't we score more????? Our secondary is not that bad, but they converted when needed and we did not. We had more pressure on their QB than they had on ours. We had 3 times the sacks they had. Our RB had more yards and a better ypc average. Yet we lost. Seems like we can do what is necessary except score TDs when needed.

11. SteelerD

SteelerD Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Good Point.