1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Diluted Sample for Peppers

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by SteelCity_NB, Apr 24, 2017.

1. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Indeed.

I personally like Jamal Adams but he has his own issues (lack of production in big games being one) more than Hooker.

Hooker is by no means lacking "it", but it may take some more time than others believe. Some say he will get "it" by year two overall. For me it depends on who he goes to.

If it is a team like San Diego, year two. If it is New York, possibly year three.

Either way, this safety class is so deep and talented it is ludicrous.

2. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Who would that be?

Haason Reddick?

Gareon Conley?

Mike Williams?

Jamal Adams?

Marlon Humphrey?

Whomever "that guy" is has to fall into the 20s and no sooner. Way too high even if Colbert did it once.

3. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    None of these guy's above I would move on. I would move on Malik Hooker
    as I have said in previous posts I would include Martavious Bryant, Mike Mitchell,Cockrell.to our trading partner. The new team gets three starters for our
    chance to draft a game changer.

4. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    As strange as I find it, Kiper had Hooker going 17th and Mayock had him going 19th.

There may be something that us fans aren't seeing that the insiders know. Maybe he is more injured than we know.

5. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah I saw that Mayock had him going later. With all the hype around him I was surprised by that.

6. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    A diluted sample is counted as a positive. There is no diluted positive.

7. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Indeed. I was also surprised by this. Then again, given the fact he has only one year of production in addition to that injury, some teams may kick him down a bit.

That would change the complexity of the draft from 20 onwards in the first.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I don't know man I'm just saying what Mike Francessa in NY on WFAN has been saying and he even repeated it yesterday. I know I keep hearing he tested positive for a diluted sample but it isn't clear whether or not they were able to still find a positive in the sample....it's pretty confusing either way I don't really care unless he ends up with us,which I doubt...but if he does then it will concern me....

9. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I'm not the Grand Poo-bah of pissing, but they can test the concentration levels of drugs in the sample. Let's say for example, the cut off for mary jane is .8%. If they detect .3% but find the sample is diluted from the guy drinking too much water then maybe they characterize that a "diluted positive", since the drug metabolites (or whatever) was found?? IDK, just going off what I've experienced. I was up on the North Slope of AK doing a job for BP and a guy tested positive for the sticky icky and he was barely over the concentration level. They seemed to know the concentration level pretty accurately though. I'm sure the NFL has way more sophisticated testing procedures. I'm guessing they call it diluted if it doesn't have a certain level of salts or electrolytes. That's a guess on my part though.