1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Didn't see today's game. How did Pickett do?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Benny Lava, Nov 20, 2022.

1. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    I’ll criticize the way I see fit but thanks for the input bubba. Now go google some more KP pics. See ya

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Careful, somebody might call you a "fanboy"!

3. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    Geez that is true can’t be having that. Never mind KP won’t even be on the team after next year!

4. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Why not? Mason's still there.....

5. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    No, but his gifts are in areas that are more likely to improve with time than Allen's. Allen's issue was poor mechanics, something most quarterbacks have a very hard time fixing at the NFL level. Pickett has the physical tools to succeed in the NFL, but his mental game is his strong point. That's going to get better as he goes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Burrow has been mentioned as a comp for Pickett, but yeah, he shouldn't be attributing the comments of others to the wrong poster. It's as if he has this Rolodex of shots at Pickett an didn't bother to think through which was the appropriate one to use that time.

7. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    This completely ignores Canada's over-reliance on horizontal routes and screens to the tight ends and receivers, which this team does not execute well. Those are one reason the years per attempt is so low.

Another is that he has become more conservative of late. Part of that is having a running game the last two weeks, so he hasn't had to try to carry the entire offense, which he was stuck trying to do in some of his previous starts. After those games, his critics were screaming that he turns the ball over too much. Now that he is taking better care of the football, it's his average yards per attempt is too low. It's almost as if you aren't even trying to analyze what he is doing rationally. You just want to grab on to anything that fits your chosen narrative.

This would be a good time for me to bring up that I didn't want the Steelers to take a quarterback in the first round. I wanted Hill or Linderbaum. Actually, I mostly wanted Linderbaum, but I knew they weren't going to take him. If they did take a quarterback, I wanted it to be Pickett, not Willis, but I wasn't sure that was the route to go this year.

• Like Like x 2
  8. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    Except that Bobby literally mentioned Burrow in the comment right before mine :facepalm:

9. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    Funny part is I’m a Pitt Alum and like KP. I just look at thing’s critically and avoid the “Steelers can do no wrong Steeler way” BS that so many of you get caught up in. 3 playoff wins in 12 seasons that’s one hell of a way.

10. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Ceiling really means nothing.
    I can't even remember all the Guys that had Higher Ceilings compared to Brady, P. Manning, Brees, and J. Montana. There have been at least 50 Qbs with Higher Ceilings than them since I've watched football, and most never amounted to anything....hell most I can't remember even their names....just their faces.

11. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I didn't see his post. Just yours. You do realize that mentioning Burrow doesn't mean you are comparing the two. For example, it can be a way to provide an example of a quarterback who struggled before having one big season in college.

12. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    That is because ceiling involves more than just physical talent. So much of what goes into making a successful quarterback is mental. Some people here still don't get that.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I first called for them to move on from Tomlin in 2018. I called for them to fire Butler years before they pushed him into retirement. I've been criticizing them for choosing poor assistants, especially their line coaches since Munchak. I've ripped them for bad first-round picks, especially Edmunds. By all means, make yourself look ignorant again by implying that I'm a fanboy who thinks the Steelers can do no wrong.

I was lukewarm on the pick. I'm not like you, hating the pick from the moment it was made and foolishly trying to declare victory because you are more interested in being right than rooting for the success of the team. I didn't love the pick, either. Look back at the draft threads. I wanted Hill or Linderbaum, but didn't hate going after Pickett. I did argue that their view of Pickett might be clearer than any other team because they knew him better, but on the other hand, that would make it more damning if he turns out to be a bust.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    You’re wasting your time with this guy.

15. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    It's never a waste trying to get people seeing things from both sides.

• Like Like x 1
  16. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Good luck with this conversation

17. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Sometimes

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    Im not declaring anything after 7 games and have said several times he can improve in the next year or two. With this coaching staff I wouldn’t count on it however. I didn’t like the pick because I have watched Pickett his entire Pitt career and highly doubt he will be a franchise NFL QB. Of course this is just an opinion like all of yours.

• Like Like x 1
  19. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    STD you rarely agree with me but at least you come off as rational and not overly attacking so yes I do sometimes look at things from a different angle.

• Like Like x 1
  20. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Just because I don't agree on somethings....it doesn't mean I don't agree on others..
    I can like people I don't agree with. I believe that is something people have forgotten how to do.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1