1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Did You See...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Wreck, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Wreck

Wreck Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    How many times Harrison, Woodly, and Timmons got a clear shot at Tebow, but stutter stepped to a stop because they weren't sure if they should run him to rush the pass or if they needed to stay back 5 yards in case he started running? Tebow had this team second guessing itself on weather he was going to run for 20 yards or throw for 50, the entire game.

How did this team go into the game with this plan? They just have 3 prior games to review film as to how to beat this offense.

:bscow:

2. colsteveaustin

colsteveaustin Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I still can't figure this out? They looked lost and confused?Should we rush or stay back?
    Very overrated Defense for sure.Time to make some changes.

3. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I chalk it up to the same old problem of being more concerned with stopping the run RB?Qb doesn't matter than playing the game.

4. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    This was the worst type of offense for this team to play against. A quarterback that can run like a running back and throw the ball. They had a better chance of winning against a more traditional type offense. A few weeks ago, I was praying that the Raiders would win their division.

5. Steeldefense08

Steeldefense08 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    We never had issues when we play the eagles this preseason

6. bignasty92

bignasty92 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I also saw on almost every BIG play Tebow had against us a fu@#ing hold on harrison or woodley1111111111111111111111111

7. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Harrison got MUGGED all game....and NO this is not the reason we lost but it just doesnt help. One of those called and maybe James gets to Tebow and plants him.....Also, what was up with the one play where Tebow had the ball and Heyward basically just STOOD there looking at him, finally realized he was still holding the ball, and, then, too late, went after him?? Did we watch any film on Tebow at all???

8. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I saw a play where Ziggy had nothing but air between him and Tebow and he just stood there. I just don't understand.

9. Wreck

Wreck Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I saw it multiple times in the 4th quarter. Tebow would stand there for 4.5 seconds looking for a shot. Harrison would finally get open and then would literally stop and stare at him. Like "You gonna run? Gonna run? Ok I should rush you. Ok I'll rush you."

Tebow had up to 7 seconds on a few of those passes all because if James did rush him, Tim would just outrun his speed to the left or right. Steelers had no idea how to go after a running QB. I am so confused, especially when Tebow has been SO media-ized doing just this, and 3 other teams before hand finally shut him down.

I love my steelers, but it's VERY embarassing and all so normal for us to be the ones to give Tebow his 1st touchdown pass in 4 games, score more than 14 points on us, give their recievers more yards in 1 quarter than we usually allow in any single game. We let them not just break, but set records. Even Tebow's longest touchdown of his career, TWICE.

I don't even know how to approach cleaning this team up realistically. I've been saying it from week 1 pre-season. They look dead and un-motivated on the sideline.

10. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    The Steelers always had a serious problem with Michael Vick. He destroyed them in the 2002 OT game. And he had his first ever 4-TD game in 2006 vs them.

11. Dazzamalu

Dazzamalu New Member

Jan 2, 2012
    What about the HtH hit on Wallace? Darn near identical to the Harrison hit that
    was re-run hundreds of times....yet no mention by anyone. We got cheated by
    the stripe shirts all season. Total B.S.

12. lovembig

lovembig Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    its very easy to sit here and critisize the Steelers defenders and the way they approached playing Tebow. people are forgetting that this guy isnt Micheal Vick. Tebow is 245lbs and has no problem lowering his shoulder if he has to.

when your a defensive player and Tebow has the ball and he can either run or pass its tough to make the decision on which one to try and take away.

the Steelers game plan for Tebow was terrible and they never made any adjustments, but that falls on DL shoulders. its his job to make sure he calls the right defense to put his guys in the best position to make plays.

they left the middle of the field wide open and thats were Tebow was killing them on the pass. they never forced Tebow to have to make a timing throw or try and fit it into a small window. the wrs he was hitting were wide open. on that last play Ike was covering the outside and looked like he was expecting help inside. again the middle of the field was wide open.

DL was out coached. he never adjusted to what Tebow was doing. Troy was non existant also.

13. RobVos

RobVos Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Actually, they way we played Tebow is exactly the way those other teams beat him. Tebow usually is so inaccurate with his passes. Yesterday he was spot on for the most part. Only hit a few, but they were big plays and absolutely perfect passes.