1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Did you notice why Harrison barely plays?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Watt Wack, Dec 11, 2017.

1. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    No

I’m not being a smart aleck, but obviously not, or they would have promoted the practice squad dude.

Keep in mind, it’s not like we could have had Spence on our practice squad. He is not eligible. So yes, it is possible a vet on the couch is better than than a practice squad guy.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I'm just assuming since Haden had a fractured leg that he hasn't been doing anything strenuous on his feet. Harrison was behind the play when he was in there too and he's been working out like a boss. Maybee we should get rid of Harrison and go to the PS.

Yes SS didn't play great. That really has has little to do with this PS guy you're in love with. Actually maybe it means the guy on the PS is that bad or maybe just not ready. Just because a guy's on the PS doesn't necessarily mean he's next man up as I outlined in my other post.

Those guy weren't ahead of SS on the depth chart since he wasn't even on the team at that point.

SS was on another team earlier this season. when he got cut there's a chance the Steelers wanted him at that point, but it didn't make sense to cut someone to put him on the roster. Remember Will Allen signed with I think the Cowboys and got cut and the Steelers resigned him? Why didn't the go to a guy on the practice squad then?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I tried to point this out in another post. For salary cap reasons and roster space you can't have everyone you want.

4. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    I admittedly didn't key in on Spence so don't know how bad he looked or whatever If he in fact played all of the 4th qtr, then obviously the coaches thought he was the best option and the 4th was where the game was won. The D did what it needed after ****ting the bed the whole night. Guess they made the right choice. I wish we had other better options but we don't... Go Spence, Go Fort, Go Moats, Go Matakevich, Go whomever, just GOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Well if you have been reading you will notice that I have said many times I have no clue who this Kelsey is. I have never seen him play don't know nothing about him and my points that I am bringing up is not about him but the situation.

No if you want to talk stupid crap like Harrison going to the practice squad that is plain dumb and has no comparison to this situation. Harrison has been practicing every week with this team just not active on most game days....a far cry from Spence sitting home. Oh let me add JH has more talent in his little finger than SS will or has ever had. No slam on Spence but since you follow the Steelers you are well aware of JH DPOY, Sack leader and yes SB hero.

My point on this whole deal is we are talking about a guy that is our 4th to 5th ILB and I would rather have seen Moats and Forte man the postion with a guy (kelsey) to fill in until SS came up to speed. It isn't about not wanting SS it is more about signing on Wednesday and playing more than anyone else at that position on Sunday when he was obviously not ready.

6. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Maybe they lose the game if they did that. Forte is obviously not all that good, dont forget, they recently cut him. Moats isnt very good inside either. By the 4th qrt, they had seen enough out of Moats and Forte that they rolled with Spence.

He had a rough game but they must have thought he was playing better then the other two. That speaks more poorly of Moats and Forte then it does highly of Spence.

7. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Do we really need to throw around words like dumb and stupid?
    I never said JH should be on the practice squad?
    My point was that JH has been on the team all year and he looked slower than SS. Kinda debunked the couch thing. Was just saying if you're unhappy about SS being slow and you want to go to the PS to get a player for him then do the same for JH.

8. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I thought Moats would be good against the run, boy was I wrong.
    I actually thought Fort played more snaps in the 4th QTR than he did earlier.

9. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I do not disagree and we have been dealt a bad hand. I am not sitting here saying Moats or Fort played well or even good but that is on our coaching staff. My ***** is about that these guys are on this team and should have been ready and SS should not have been sitting home and threw into the fire with very little practice. At the end of the day I hope to see all 3 get better but am really hoping Dirty Red can add something here.

10. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    It wasn't calling you dumb or stupid it was describing the situation, no disrespect to anyone. The thing is JH may be slow but he can still produce, his first game back for riding the pine he gets a sack. There is a big different between JH and SS, you can't compare the two no?

11. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I thought the same thing and maybe this is why I am so upset/disappointed with Spence's playing time. Here's hoping all 3 improve this week

• Agree Agree x 1