1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Did you notice why Harrison barely plays?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Watt Wack, Dec 11, 2017.

1. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    I saw a couple of plays where they ran a RB wide, or caught a screen pass, and #92 looked slower than a sloth stuck in molasses. He still might be one of our better pass rushers, but if they send a player wide on his side, he has zero chance of getting over there. Like none. One play he simply quit running because he knew he had no chance of getting there.

On top of that, as great of a leader that he can be, he can be equally as a Debbie Downer if he is not happy. Well, according to Collinsworth, he is all angry now about not playing and sounds like a team hater, which will hurt team chemistry.

Don't get me wrong, he and Lloyd are my all-time team favorites, but at this point, I think he hurts the team more than he helps it.

2. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    I think he can still help greatly in obvious passing situations. Bud hasn't given us much pocket pressure.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Watt?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I noticed that. Harrison has never been the fastest guy and dropping into coverage was never his strong suit. He always did a good job of handling his zone assignments but he could be exposed one on one with a running back or TE. I look at this way. Harrison is a legend and the 100 yard INT return in the Super Bowl along with the fact that he's the Steelers all-time sack leader has given him enough reputational capital to keep him on the team the remainder of the season, hopefully culminating in another Super Bowl ring for him. Otherwise, he would have and probably should have already been cut. He's being somewhat delusional if he thinks teams were lining up for his services this past offseason.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    I love JH, but have to keep reminding myself that he came back from retirement to help the Steelers out when they needed help last year. I was actually surprised when I heard he'd play again this year. He'll always be one of my favorite Steelers, but he definitely seems to have lost a step. Yeah, they haven't played him much so he may have some rust, but I don't think that's all there is to it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    Maybe he should start running using his arms instead of his legs. Those arms still look like they can get the job done!

• Like Like x 2
  7. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I want to say days of brute pass rushers are over and hybrids like Watt are needed BUT....... look at T suggs numbers and come back to me.

8. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    JH needs to get his hands on them dirty pics Spence has of Tomlin and/or Butler, cause that is the only explanation I have why Spence was on the field as much as he was. Yeah I know 2 different positions but if JH has lost a step(which he has) what has Spence lost....and yet he played a ton more than JH.

Steeler legend, sack leader, SB hero and savior to this team coming out of retirement treated like an empty bag of chips while an often injured, unemployed, never was sees the field!!!!:facepalm:

9. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    If he doesn’t get a heavy dose of plays against the Pats, it’s pretty evident he’s done here.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Even though JH has another year on his contract he said last week that he is not playing here next year, since I dont think another team would sign him, I guess he will retire, good luck for your future iron man, it was a great ride during your years as a starter.....

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Suggs is faster than Harrison, so it's a bit different. If Harrison could still play at that level, he'd be out there.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Spock

Spock Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2015
    I believe that JH might just surprise some of you. If played in situational downs, he might really help. Maybe one or two sacks this weekend? It would be good for the team, good for me and good for JH.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. steelcurtainmrp

steelcurtainmrp Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2016
    I think Deebo and TJ should start and get most of the reps at OLB. Bud is in a bad slump. Doesn't make sense, I feel likes he's playing scared ball.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    In all fairness, you can't judge JH's performance in one partial game this late in the season. Year to date he's only had 40 snaps (11 against baltimore). That's not enough to get into football shape and timing with your teammates. The couple times I saw him, there was a crowd of other steelers tackling.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Dustin

Dustin Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2016
    I don't think Bud Dupree does much better and weve dealt with his mediocre play all season. At least Deebo would be good at something. Dupree isn't really that great at much.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    Yes he is. BD is great at running around, going nowhere, getting erased on a pass rush, running in the wrong direction and not making an impact. He is great at all those things. :lolol:

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Seems like Dupree is always tied up with a lineman.
    Find a way to let him roam.

18. coldrolled

coldrolled Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Make him ILB

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. SteelersUK

SteelersUK Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2017
    I have no doubts that at some point, by the end of this season Deebo will make a significant play that changes a game.

Even if he’s barely used

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Steelers

Steelers Member

Apr 26, 2014
    they are keeping him for the playoffs

21. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Harrison can't drop into coverage so he won't start.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    You realize we have zero capable depth at ILB and our stud ILB (as well as his back up) were out of the game with injuries? Spence played because we're on third string ILB... Harrison doesn't because we still have healthy starters that are a decade and a half younger than him and performing fairly well.

23. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Not sure I’d trust his instincts inside.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    Maybe the Steelers go with a 4-3 look this week?

Deebo-Heyward-Hargraves-Tuitt

Watt-Vince-???

Maybe Brian Allen as nickel LB to spy Gronkowski on every play?

Let's shake things up!

25. lewisha

lewisha Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    It’s fine. He is getting the Bettie treatment this year, which he deserves for the SB win against the cardinals.