1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Did Fields lock up QB1?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Oct 13, 2024 at 8:44 PM.

1. TWISTER

TWISTER Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I guess you just know more than the media and head coaches. Might wanna turn in a resume…lol

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  2. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    Raiders are terrible man

3. TWISTER

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah they are terrible, but they were in the backfield quite often.

4. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    This my friend is why I suggest it. Look at the faces of every single player after the ball goes sailing over there heads, at there feet, or behind them. They know they can't get paid this way. They must put up numbers to get contracts. They are losing the locker room with those guys.
    No the OL , or D doesn't care, but I promise....Fields leads the league in fumbles....if we haven't been able to get back on those fumbles....the D would very much be caring.....,, and where do you think we would be if the D wasn't the number one in scoring right now, or they didn't force at least two turnovers a game???

• Like Like x 1
  5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    We shall see

6. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    No,,but I'm not the type of guy that needs a weather man to tell me it's raining.

7. TWISTER

Oct 23, 2011
    I sure see A lot of what if’s…lol

8. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Antonio Pierce sure helped out by benching Minshew for Aiden O'Connell.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. TWISTER

Oct 23, 2011
    All in all you are admitting that Tomlin isn’t a very good coach? Because if he was a good coach wouldn’t he have your mindset?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL. Yeah. That's exactly what I mean by that reply. LoL

11. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Hey they are showing a replay of it on NFL Network right now. From what I'm hearing from you you apparently didn't watch it. Go watch, and look at their faces

12. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    Fair enough. Again, do you have faith that Tomlin will make a change this week? Given that he held on too long with Trubisky?

13. Confluence

Confluence Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2017
    The fastball stuff is nonsense, give Fields time to be a better pure passer , he can throw with touch, not worried about it, let's see what happens next week

14. TWISTER

Oct 23, 2011
    Then why isn’t Tomlin making a change just to see? Do you think he is afraid?

15. Hanratty#5

Apr 20, 2019
    No what I'm saying is against the Colts Fields had over 300 yards passing and 3 TDs but we lost. I would much rather run for 200 yards and pass for a hundred than throw for 300 with no running game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    That I don't have a clue about. I know why they did it with Trubisky, and Pickett....money, and draft picks, but here....I don't have any clue. Hell it might not even work, but with the Defense we have....it would be a disservice not to find out...., and play a what if game.

17. TWISTER

Oct 23, 2011
    okay what does you saying all these what ifs have to do with the players faces?

Does Tomlin not see there faces to change some of those what ifs?

18. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    Kordell did the same fastball stuff. Never learned how to put touch or some loft on the ball. This is JF 4th season he would have learned it by now.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Oh definitely.

20. jeh1856

jeh1856 Just chilling

Oct 26, 2011
    At least the Watson was very limited to a few numbskulls

21. Hanratty#5

Apr 20, 2019
    The Jets have a really good defense, Fields will really be tested in that game. If he completely falls apart in that game then play Wilson against the Giants so he has a game under his belt before the bye.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    I can agree with all that. My point still stands though, it definitely creates a sticky situation if Wilson then sh!ts the bed. As I said before though, I'm not completely against them going to him. Maybe start Fields but have a quicker hook? Still have some packages to utilize Fields running? There are probably ways they can use both guys but it's going to take a level of creativity that I'm not sure Tomlin would be comfortable with.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Yes he has. Continuing to improve doesn’t mean mistake free football. The fact is, this is the best football he has played since entering the league and his best improvement has been protecting the football. I’ve seen some calling him out for the interception negated by the PF, yeah, would have gave him a whopping two picks on the season. People trying too hard to criticize him because they want Wilson to start.

I’ve been saying all along that Fields is a work in progress that they are trying to develop into a long term starter and preferably you want that answers by the end of the season. You won’t get that by him sitting on the bench.

They are winning right now and were one failed stop from being 5-1. Are you insinuating Wilson will lead them to a SB? Behind this line? I believe things would be worse with Wilson in there, he would not have made some of the plays that Fields has made escaping pressure. People think Wilson is a pocket passer throwing quick precision passes on timing routes that will make the line look better. He’s not, thats why he failed so miserably under Payton system.

You don’t go away from a QB when your team is winning. You said as much when Rudolph took over. You especially don’t do it after the team scores 32 points.

• Agree Agree x 2
  24. Bubbahotep

Bubbahotep Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2022
    A wise coach once said that by 40 games a team has a good idea whether the QB is a franchise.
    Fields is well beyond that and still has the accuracy problems.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Rudolph also had a #2 receiver in Diontae Johnson. Who does Justin have to work with? Jefferson is not the answer nor is Austin.