1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Did Fields lock up QB1?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Oct 13, 2024 at 8:44 PM.

1. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Please stop relying on ad hominem arguments when you can't provide evidence to support your opinion.

The evidence has proven that the Earth is not flat. There is no evidence to support the election deniers claims. Neither of those situations are comparable to judging Pickett's motivations, where we do not have definitive evidence.

The far more likely outcome is that Pickett saw that the Steelers had mishandled him from the jump. They allowed him to go through with the tightrope procedure on his ankle to try to rush him back, then didn't let him play. Then they signed Wilson to take his job. He likely saw that as them giving up on him as their long-term answer at quarterback. I certainly hope that is the case, because it would have been incredibly stupid to trade him away for peanuts if they still thought he could be their guy. Was it poor judgement on his part to ask for a trade? Sure, but attributing cowardice to it when you have no evidence to back it up seems like speculative fiction writing on your part.

2. Steelpens65

Steelpens65 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2021
    In all honesty, Fields lost qb1 with his performance against a very depleted Cowboys defense.
    Plus we are 20 in scoring
    19 in RZ scoring
    28 in passing

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Pickens dropped at least two but thats also indicative of having a poor WR room outside of Pickens and not just a reflection of Fields.

4. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    It is simple. You are talking about 2025 and beyond as your argument for Fields. That is putting future concerns ahead of what is best for the current team, so it is fair to say you are talking about playing for 2025 instead of 2024.

I know you have seen the same reports I have, that they promised Wilson the job to get him to sign here. Those reports fit the available evidence, including Pickett's reaction. Do you really think they moved Pickett without having some idea they could get Fields? Especially given how short a time it was between those moves?

There is an advantage to Tomlin not naming a starter yet. It makes the Jets' preparation more difficult.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Steelvision

Steelvision Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2022
    The long term answer at Qb is not currently on the roster.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. jeh1856

jeh1856 Just chilling

Oct 26, 2011
    The coward ran out the door

That is a fact

Spin it anyway you want

I’m done wasting time trying to edumicate you

Last edited: Oct 16, 2024 at 12:47 PM
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    No, it is an opinion, one that is not supported by the available evidence. I don't see any attempt at educating anyone here. I just see you lobbing unfounded insults.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1