1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

DHB the VIck month

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by PWP, Oct 5, 2015.

1. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    AS we all hope the next DHB month thread will be with Ben.DHB has doubled the catches and Td's of Wheaton this year . DHB is tied for TD'S with the great AB. Peeps said it would be great if DHB could do enough to earn a thread a month I am proud to say he earned this one.

Him and Vick seem to have some good chemistry I hope they can use that to Parlay a few wins . I am really glad to see a players hard work and dedication pay off and it's a great example to other young players. The point being your career might have not rocketed like you wanted ,but with hard work and detication you can still bring value to your Team and joy to yourself.

If that ain't a for the love of the game moment I don't know what is.

2. ThrowToHeath

ThrowToHeath Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2011
    I can't be the only one who has a mini heart attack every time DBH catches a ball.

Other than that he is a decent backup WR.

3. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Agreed. Plus he's a good dude, which counts for something. I was actually pretty shocked that we didn't attempt at least one deep throw to DHB.

4. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    He's doing a solid job for us. No argument from me on that. However, I am still looking forward to having Bryant back this week.

5. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Doing solid job, he is not even close to MW talent.
    His playing chances will drop off substancially depending
    on MB being in shape.

6. SteelLaw

SteelLaw Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    My prediction is DHB will be traded soon to a team (like the cowboys) that needs a receiver for a 4th or 5th round pick. The last year and a half has shown he could be worth that.

7. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    not knowing all the facts or any facts for that matter: I'd wait and see how Wheaton acts during contract talks especially if he can't get on the same page as Ben maybe Wheat might be trade bait
    one must remember that Quinshad Davis, Mack Hollins and/or Ryan Switzer are coming soon

8. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Same here. Credit to PWP though for somehow knowing DHB would make some catches this year.

I'd be surprised.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    I would love to see an "all go" route just once with DHB, Wheaton, Martavis, and AB.

• Like Like x 1
  10. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Run that the first play of the game that would have to freak out some players and Coaches .

11. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I could see New England making a big run for Wheaton ala Sanders.

12. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    DHB has made his presence felt during the games, props to him. His confidence should improve with every catch.

13. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Mac and I were hopeful that Mann could work with DHB. We're just not as shameless as PWP about pimping him. :lolol:

14. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I was on the other end of the spectrum. I didn't think DHB was anything more than a STer but he has proven me wrong and I hope he keeps it up. Having more good players on the team is never a bad thing. You have to love being wrong in these situations!!

So now on to Coates.... I now know why they drafted him, but I still am not a fan of the selection. Its way too early to tell if he pans out so I'll see how Mann deals with this one. I've posted before I really like what Mann has done. I hated Scottie Montgomery. If Mann can develop Coates into a trusted WR, I'll be ecstatic.

15. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    A lot of teams could go after him who need receiver help, and no doubt he could shine just like sanders if a team made him a primary receiver, he has talent we just dont use him enough ala sanders...

16. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Marcus Wheaton will not be cheap to retain,and we all know what AB will want, until we see what happens with the dope head we better hold on to wheaton.

17. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    DHB is no Sanders. Did you forget that he was already drafted to be #1 and had all the chances in the world to show he was at least a top 3 WR? Glad he's caught a few balls but let's not get too excited nominating him for the HOF. The steelers don't "use him enough" because they have bether playmakers ahead of him. There are at least 5 options ahead of DHB. AB, Bryant, Wheaton, Bell, Heath.

18. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    He's referring to Wheaton, not DHB

19. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012

My response was to turtle about wheaton, I never mentioned DHB, turtle said "I could see New England making a big run for Wheaton ala Sanders". REREAD PLEASE....

20. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    A little DHB TLC. Well not even I could have predicted that he would have 0 drops at this point of the season . He also made a crucial grab on 3rd. and 1 against the Bolts. He went up high and he made a hands snatch catch . He has been very Impressive I just pray that Haley will use all the talent he has at that position now that Bryant is back .

With Brown,DHB,Bryant,Wheaton, we should go 4 Wide almost the entire game . Anytime we want to go 5 just flex Bell from the RB position. This would give our Offense a huge advantage and force nickle and dimes , good luck with that against Bell . It would also force a Safety or LB to cover him when we go 5 Wide , good luck with that to .

21. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Yeah, that was a really nice snag. He's really stepped up this year. I'm happy for him. I'm sure it feels good to go from a bust that was on his way out of the NFL to becoming a legitimate option in the passing game of a good offense. I truly believe Pittsburgh was his last chance in the NFL and he's made the most of it.

He's earned some extra snaps as the 4th WR and will probably remain a steeler for a couple more years assuming we lose Wheaton to FA. Bryant and DHB /Coates out wide with AB running a lot out of the slot would be pretty sweet

22. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I see what you did there, not sure if it was intentional or not but putting DHB in a list after Brown but before Bryant is ballsie very shrewd PWP very shrewed.

23. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    yeah great holding penalty on the punt DHB
    even better try at coming back for the final throw first half NOT
    good 3rd down catch tho
    :smiley1:

24. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Hands were inside that should never be called a hold . It was a text book block you teach guys to block just like that .

On the Hail Mary it was text book as well drive the Defender as far as you can create space to make a leaping grab . The problem was Vick threw it to early and way to short , not a bad play by DHB in no way .

25. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    I actually thought it was pretty clear the defender was hugging DHB from the five-yard line into the endzone on the Hail Mary. Of course there was no call.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2015