1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

DHB getting a lot of Looks

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by PWP, Jul 31, 2018.

1. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    DHB is the alpha and omega of the Pittsburgh Steelers. :cool:

DHB > Vin Diesel and Chuck Norris combined

DHB keeps his head shaved in order to hide the fact that he is actually a member of a alien race of supreme warriors. When they reach the fullest of their powers, their hair turns bright pink and spiky.

If you are within one mile of DHB and you drop your toast, it will always land butter side up. Always.

There is no "Bermuda Triangle". It is simply near DHB's island home, and when DHB sees a ship or plane, he sure as hell gets hungry...

When Jesus said, “Let anyone among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone,” DHB threw a stone . . . at Jesus.

DHB created all the world religions, once his eyes tired of nude cave paintings.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    calm down, DHB is not THAT good....

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Joking... should have used green font. :icon mrgreen:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Finally a man who sees talent.lol

5. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Usually if a player has been here for years and he is getting a lot of looks in camp all of a sudden that means he is on the bubble...........

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    This is true in most cases , but in this case we need a WR to step up . DHB has the experience and his roster spot is secure IMO. I don't think Haley knew how to adapt his play calling nor was he a very good chess player . He never used sets to force man coverage towards DHB'S side. He never called many long routes to DHB. He used him mostly as a blocker and this allowed Defenses to key in on the run..I believe the new group has looked at that and are doing the right thing by getting him involved in the passing game more.

It is simple math if you double AB and slide to help JuJu then DHB is more than likely 1 on 1 . A good OC should make a defense pay for guarding your fastest guy 1 on 1. Either you go deep or use him to clear space for others underneath.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014

1. fast, check
    2. great blocker, check
    3. special teamer, check

8. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Can’t catch, check

• Like Like x 1
  9. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Wrong ...Info above proves that wrong....Can he run all the routes greatly?No. Can he catch balls snagging them out of the air on a regular basis ? No. Can he handle deep throws? Yes. Can he handle throws with touch? Yes. Can He block for running plays? Yes and then some. Can he block for screen plays ?Yes and then some. Is he the fastest WR we have on the Team? Yes.

The moral to this story is take what he does best and use that in your play calling and design. Work with your QB and help him understand when he can use touch instead of just fire it in there.(Interjection).Football 101 If you have a fast WR who is 1 on 1 that just created mad space you can deliver the ball with touch... (Interjection) More Master level as our QB should be. The key is Ball placement at this point keep the speed of said WR going.

Okay without bashing I need to say this. A player who can create space and who can make routine catches depends on a OC and a QB to make correct calls and make correct throws. The bottom line is there are not many snatch this fast ball from the air guys,but a NFL WR with mad speed can and should be effective esp. with the best WR in the game on the field with him and a Vet better than average QB.

Straight up. It's up to the Coaches to actually Coach and for Coordinators to actually Coordinate. In that world DHB has mad value period.....

• Like Like x 1
  10. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

He has had hands of stone his entire career. A couple catches in training camp doesn’t change that. For the love of god just drive to Latrobe and profess your love for the man.

You used the same drivel when Haley was named OC. Haley knows how to utilize his players. Redman will average 5,6,7 ypc under Haley. Blah blah blah

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    First off Haley lied about going more power blocking scheme instead of zone.I speculated on that .I said he could average 5.5 and he would have behind the right scheme.Next the Team and Haley kept going with Spendenhall til the point Redzone was all broke up when he finally got his chance.......

Now on to the DHB part I showed you and all his actual drop rate since he got on this Team. Those numbers do not lie. He has got much better whether you see it or admit it.The bottom line is ,,,he has caught the ball while with this Team when giving the chance.

12. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I think this is a no. That’s the problem with DHB. He’s special teams or bust.

13. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

Haley lied? Too funny. He started all of 7 games and had less than a full season worth of carries yet “he was all broke up”? You’re grasping at straws.

14. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    DHB = Dwight Stone

Just sayin.

• Like Like x 1
  15. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    You’re wasting your time this guy is delusional. None of his predictions have ever panned out. Remember the Redman debacle? He supposed to be getting like 5.0 yards per carry. Remember the Eli Rogers predictions? They never panned out either.

16. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I would say my predictions come mostly true . I pick these guys while most say they wont even make the Team. Both Redzone and Eli have dealt with major injuries. Who knows how good he may have become if healthy .

I have not predicted any stats for DHB , I am saying he is moving up the WR order and he will get more work and help this Team in the process. You guys keep throwing up drops and all the stats show he is much better thats not a prediction it's a fact.

All his mates say he shows up and works hard and has excellent knowledge of the game they lean on him . So by all accounts DHB is a true Team player giving him some more work is the right thing to do . If he fails then bench him and play someone else . He will not fail he has Improved each and every season per his Coaches and his mates .

I think it will make a great story if he can just chip in like Wheaton and Bryant did .A true never give up story .

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    DHB 430 targets with 201 rec, 4 years with the Steelers 66 targets 32 rec the last 2 years 22 targets 8 rec. The only reason people think he is getting better is cause he is used less! DHB is a ST'er and that is it and imo with all the young talent we have on this team someone shoul be able to step up and replace him.

Nothing against DHB but he offers little to nothing as a wr so imo I would rather give the spot to someone like Griffey, Henderson, Petterson or Thomas who can offer a little more on the offensive side as well. Yeah we may lose a little on st but we may not either, what we do know is we will lose some on offense with DHB

18. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    This statement is the only reason DHB is still on this roster. You dont hear all his mates raving about what a good receiver DHB is, or how talented he is. Its kind of like calling your Prom date the prettiest fat girl at the dance.

19. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

You’re close. The only reason he is on the team is his contributions on ST. He is still a stone handed body catching wr. That hasn’t changed and it never will.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

That will only come as a surprise to our very own super coach

21. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    I heard he turned 70 this year jeh. just sayin LOL