1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

DHB getting a lot of Looks

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by PWP, Jul 31, 2018.

1. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  2. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Imo DHB is a top 5 WR in the league.

I got your back pwp

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  3. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    I am one of the people that tease you about DHB, but I like him too. I think he has value, and I hope he realizes he decides how much that value is. I must say, I hope he isn't our answer as a #2 though.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    One thing DHB can say. That he was drafted higher than any WR on the Steelers roster.

Al Davis fell in love with his rookie 40 time. It was pretty safe to say if your ran a sub 4.4 40 at the combine, Al davis was going to draft you.

Joking aside I really like DHB he's been more than serviceable his time here in Pittsburgh.

5. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Just to start the season and only when we go 3 by 1 with 3 WR'S and 1 TE. AB wide JuJu in the slot on his side with DHB to the TE side with Mcdonald at TE. This set could really force Defenses to spread thin.

How do you double AB and get help with JuJu ? The only way is to shift the coverage that way leaving the Mcdonald and DHB in single coverage or zone coverage on that side of the field. Both these guys will have nice advantages in 1 on 1 man coverage and both have experience and should be able to find open spots against zone coverage.

6. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Uh...........James Washington

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I think he may need some time to read coverage's and to get the playbook down pat . It makes sense to me to go with experience more early in the season and work Washington in as the season goes along.

Plus DHB is by far the best blocking WR that we have which will help a lot in the run game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Now, if DHB could just catch the ball he would be an excellent receiver.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    So far this year he has . He has zero drops according to reports . If he had great hands he would be a #1 WR on some other Team . He is a body catcher ,but he can catch deep balls and balls thrown with touch and screen passes . I think the new OC will let the calls fit the player more than Haley did.

10. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Say what you want about the guy, but he keeps fighting and is a better all around player than WR specifically. I hope he makes it on the team again this year.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    If DHB is our #2 receiver this year we are in trouble.

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    If he is our #2, Ds will have a much easier time defending us.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    I really respect DHB and the career he has had. You don't see many high first round picks that are willing to make the team as a special teamer, and not even as a returner. He works hard and is a great special teamer for us. It would be great for him to finally blossom a bit as a WR. I'm skeptical of it happening as I don't ever remember a receiver suddenly figuring out how to catch but I would enjoy seeing it happen.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    AB is #1

Ju Ju is #2

Doesn’t matter where they line up.

Edit: Next someone will declare a player as the “starting” nickel back.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    True but if they go 3 wide I predict DHB will go to the outside and JuJu will go to the slot , Same debate I had last year the first guy in as the 3rd. WR is basically a starter in todays NFL as teams run a lot of 3 WR sets.

All I am saying is that he has 10 catches already in camp so it seems the new OC does intend to use him more this season. I also contend his speed and blocking ability makes our Team harder to guard.

16. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    :hmm:

PWP.... I believe what we are seeing in terms of the increase in DHB is evaluation and due diligence. Keep in mind that both DHB and Justin Hunter are off the books come next season.

Honestly, he is in a fight for a roster spot with Justin Hunter. Whomever showcases the most during the preseason will have the better shot of staying on the final 53.

17. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    DHB was the #2 receiver a few posts ago, now he's fighting for a roster spot. ;+)

18. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Nailed it and saved me some typing....I also think they are deciding who will play the MB role in taking the top of the D. I think DHB can and I also think Fichtner may be a bigger believer in DHB than Haley was.
    Either one would be insurance until Washington hits his stride but unless Hunter blows him away DHBs STs will give him the nod...

19. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Lol...
    DHB is going to be #2 WR. That’s laughable.

20. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I like DHB. He's a good special teamer, a hard working player, and has been a good Steeler.

He is also a stiff route runner with very little wiggle. A guy that has blazing speed but not necessarily blazing acceleration. Add to the the fact the DHB has very questionable hands and you have a guy that is at best your 4th or 5th wide out.

I'll never understand the fascination some people have with getting him the ball more. He's just not that good of a reciever. If not for his stellar special teams play he would not be on this roster.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Fixed it for you.

• Like Like x 1
  22. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Because of speed and blocking ability . As a former Coach I understand how hard it is to guard . DHB can smoke most and can catch deep balls. He has never had a great WR like AB on his Team with a OC who is willing to change his play calling for the greater good of the Team . DHB'S best days may very well be in the future. His skill set demands Safety help if the QB can make good deep throws .
    Camp reports show that our new OC understands that.

All DHB Haters look up how many deep balls DHB has dropped?Look up how many DB'S can run with him?After that ask yourself how much space could he create as a 3rd. option ? When you get to this point you will see the Love .

Just because a player doesn't have mad stats it doesn't mean his value is not worthy. A Great Coach takes thos skills and creates more value for Players around said player. The bottom line is you can't Coach speed and we fortunate to have a guy with World Class speed. This is why I pimp him so hard as all underneath routes by his peers become much easier.This is called Team value.Stats by DHB be damned. A player who helps the Team and that's what's up.

23. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    News flash, DHB won't be getting playing time over James Washington :shrug:.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Ben and MT are talking hunter for that role pwp. Good deep speed, jumping ability, big target. They have challenged him to take that role over dhb. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  25. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    First off here we go with this baseless nonsense again. 2nd your theory is weak in order for DHB to draw coverage away from other receivers he'd have to be on the field.