1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

DHB from Joke to Joker

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by PWP, Aug 4, 2016.

1. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    A nice read I will post on Steelers Depot about how DHB can be used as a wild card...I will let you guys read http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/08/richard-mann-steelers-joker-darrius-heyward-bey-training-camp/ and I will add that what little news we have got on him from camp is positive as well...

He has caught a few TD'S, He has smoked a few DB'S,He has even taken a end around the wrong direction and brought would be tacklers to their knees,,, with that world class speed .....

Hadn't put a thread on him in a minute ,it just wouldn't be right not to show this cat some love and yes I still wish the Raiders hadn't have took him to high, they stunted his growth and robbed us of all those years ...I still have no doubt that DHB would have been the pick over Wallace..

A true Team WR who doesn't ***** who doesn't complain he simply does what he is asked to do and like Coach says helps the young guys anytime he can ...

From bust to true Team player ..My NFL spirit award goes to DHB...He puts meaning in the phrase ..For the Love of the Game...

2. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Can you imagine the fits that our Offense would give other teams if they didn't have selfish suspended players. Easily 30+ points a game if Ben stays healthy. Maybe it's time to keep the hard working guys like DHB, Coates, Williams around and show the selfish players the door. I love Bryant and Bell but they're more liability at this point unless they immediately change their overall focus towards football instead of partying.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    It's always nice when DHB's mom makes these posts. A lot of information we would not have had otherwise. :smiley1:

Edit:

I stand corrected, it's his dad.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 6
  4. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    why so serious?

5. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Alright PWP I love that DHB does everything asked of him and does it with out comment or complaint very much in the mode of Heath and Da'Beard so here is how I am going to play it. I will be fully on board the DHB train if he shows me three things in the preseason. He should get plenty of work since I doubt they will risk Brown, Wheaton and Coates the downside being his QB will be less than Ben. So I want to see a very managable 2 TD's. of those two I want one to be a midrange to long YAC catch the other can be a long reception. The reason being we know he can run fast and deep but want to see him make an AB type catch, stretch a 15 yard gain into some serious YAC. I want to see at least 50 yards out of him and lastly since you tout his blocking, I like to see him pancake someone. The last one I can live without but really get into a block though. Do that and I might buys me a DHB jersey, might lets not get crazy though.

Edit:50 yards a game he plays serious snaps in.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
  6. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Hey keep it civil,,at least call me his Dad..:cool:

7. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Fixed.

8. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    thanks ...lol

9. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
  10. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    I AGREE
    Can't believe people would talk about someones Momma.;)

• Like Like x 1
  11. EddieBurro

EddieBurro Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2016
    I read this as: we still have problems in our secondary, huh?

DHB caught 21 passes for 314 yards and 2 tds last season. He's caught 193 passes in 7 seasons in the league. DHB is who we think he is. I don't think we're getting any more production out of him this year than in year's past. All of those flashes and big plays people want to see in the preseason are more likely going to be coming from #11 and #14 in the regular season.

I think AB, Wheaton, Coates, AND Green will catch more tds than DHB.

12. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    i do believe all our receivers better learn it and pay attention this year. i was reading that this may be the last one for coach mann. i think he has had the biggest impact to our wr corps and DHB's progress and improvement than anyone. similar to munchaks impact to the O-line.:cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Well I was drunk, the day my maw got out of prison so...

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  14. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Let me guess, you went to pick her up in the rain?

15. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    How'd you guess Glenn?
    And then she got runned over by a damnd ole train! Go figure.

16. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I spent 2 days in the desert in a truck that had 1 tape. It was a mix of ten songs and that was one of them. End Of 2 days we all knew the words to every song. Along with "Put another log on the fire..".

17. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    Guys
    you're a little off key

18. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Confidence means a lot. It wasn't Heyward-Bey's fault that Al Davis reached for him big time. That set expectations he couldn't possibly live up to.

19. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    You know I was skepticle when the Steelers brought him in a few years ago,
    Now I believe he is an intregal part of our receiving corp and can help out the team
    in different ways. No he is not a #1 or 2 receiver or even a #3 but he has learned
    a lot playing for the Steelers and it shows. He can help us win games.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    umm.... it's too soon after the Bell news. we don't need any more players going on mary jane vacations. :lolol::lolol:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1