1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Devon Lloyd

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by Quadrupleyoi, Nov 27, 2021.

1. Quadrupleyoi

Quadrupleyoi Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2017
    Devon Lloyd is an ILB from Utah. This will not be a good year for QBs but we could draft a nice ILB in the first round. What do you think?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Any 1st round pick that actually turns out 2 look like He should be a 1st round pick I would be happy for.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    As much as I also would like Devin Lloyd to join the Steelers, the chances of that happening are sadly very low. Since 2000, Kevin Colbert has drafted fewer than 10 players from the PAC 12; both JuJu and Brian Allen being the most recent. The Pittsburgh FO has been notorious for not scouting players in the Pacific West.

That said, when the team does scout in that direction, more often than it bodes for them well. Devin Lloyd is either the best or second best Off Ball Linebacker in the class depending on one's definition. There really is not much that he cannot do. Just needs to improve on his processing pre snap a bit more.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    They should take him to replace Bush.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011

• Like Like x 1
  6. Master Of Puppets

Master Of Puppets Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2021
    the list for 2022 free agent ILB looks pretty sh*tty. i think they almost have to take a swing in the draft. there is noway joe schobert is getting paid 10 million to come back. schobert should be a vet minimum back up in the league.
    when the steelers sign afree agent i always go the fan message boards to see how they feel about losing the player. nobody in jacksonville was upset about losing schobert. one person did point his high volume of tackles, which another replied , but those tackles are 7 or 8 yards past the LOS. pretty much the same as we have seen here. i cant recall too many times seeing schobert make the tackle at the line.the fact that minkah has to come from free safety to make stops in the run game should be a red flag about our ILB position AND our strong safety.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I'd bet dollars to dimes that NE parts ways with Hightower this off season and TOmlin and Butler will have him back in Pittsburgh to try and wine and dine him again while quality free agents are snapped up at a reasonable rate.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Master Of Puppets

Dec 25, 2021
    could be. i dont believe he is quite the same player they courted last time. father time is catching up with him. he has only played 64% of the snaps this year. that indicates he is just a 2 down LB. didnt they get rid of vince williams for that reason ? in 2018 he got 74% of the snaps ,2019 he got 71%, he missed 1 game in both 18 and 19 ,sat out in 2020. has started all 15 games this year

Last edited: Dec 28, 2021
  9. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    He retired rather suddenly never heard why. Caught the team off guard though

10. Master Of Puppets

Dec 25, 2021
    who retired ?

11. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Vince Williams

12. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Like Strummerfan said, on the eve of training camp he suddenly decided to retire

13. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Pass, he's probably past his prime now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    No doubt but they had a real hard on for him previously and like I said they spent time wooing him and as soon as money was talked about he left town back to NE and said here is thier offer and signed a new deal.

15. Master Of Puppets

Dec 25, 2021
    sure he has passed his prime. he will be 32 in march. BUT he is still better than anyone currently on the roster. he doesnt offer anything in pass defense (although he does have an INT this year) but at least he can take on a block and tackle. he opted out of 2020 so that might extend his career a little. the question is what is his market value and do the patriots want him back ?
    he is better than vince williams was before he retired.

16. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I like him... but I'm going trenches o o or d early and often

I want Foye Oluokun the free agent from Atlanta.. he can play next to Bush for a year.... and either make a good inside tandem. Or flat out replace Bush going forward

HACK

• Like Like x 1
  17. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    I’d rather we sign OL than draft more than one. We already had so many rookies and 2nd years contributing.

Brown-Dotson-Linderbaum-Leglue-Moore

something like that would be a vast improvement. Green - Hassenauer - Banner-Haeg all should have a chance to win a job. Hassenauer being back up C. Green guard, Banner swing tackle, Haeg jack of all trades.

IF we go QB, ILB or CB (only positions I would even look at in round 1 that aren’t OL) then we would likely need to sign multiple FA OL imo.

on the topic of the post… yes Lloyd would be an excellent pick up for us in the draft. Our ILBs are definitely the weakest link in the defense. If we could shore that up a bit (and get Alualu and Tuitt back to keep some of the OL off our ILB’s) our defense immediately goes back to being a top 5 unit in the league.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Master Of Puppets

Dec 25, 2021
    you want a 215 lb 3-4 ILB ?

19. SteelHack

Oct 21, 2011

He was 229lbs at his pro day in 2018.. you would think a NFL weight room would bulk him up a little.. but if he is 215.. he still passes the eyeball test..... so the answer is yes.

Foye Oluokun played the mike in the Falcons 3-4

Schobert plus Bush
    182 tackles 2 sacks 1int

Foye Oluokun
    192 tackles 2 sacks 3 int

Lead the league in tackles...I think it was 7th most in league history

Ran a 4.48.. wears the green dot....gets sideline to sideline ... does not miss tackles

HACK

• Like Like x 2
  20. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Can he defend the pass? Must be able to run with TE,RB's

• Like Like x 1
  21. SteelHack

Oct 21, 2011
    As good as most.. better than what we currently have

HACK

22. Master Of Puppets

Dec 25, 2021
    yeah all the websites have him listed at 215 lbs, i guess they just used his college website bio since he didnt go to the combine. he certainly looks much bigger than that.

i in no way shape or form put much stock in PFF's grading system. i look at it as more of just a base line. outside of seeing the obvious results of a play those guys grading the plays dont know a players assignment or responsibility on any given play. im sure they ding a linemen for giving up a sack when the player who got the sack was not his blocking assignment. miscommunications happen all the time.

after we picked up schobert i went to jacksonvilles forum to see what the fans had to say. the vast majority said good riddance. seemed strange considering he was their leading tackler. one of their fans points to the stats. a dozen others reply with, yeah but most of those tackles were 7-8 yards past the line of scrimmage. the same thing we see here in pittsburgh.

i havent watched a single falcons game this year and i know nothing about this guy. i went to the falcons board and seen some negative , but mostly positive. more wanted to keep him. naturally you will always have the haters who are never happy.

this guy gets it. 3-4 ILB's are dependent on the Dline

23. FosterMorris

FosterMorris Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    Who is better than Lloyd? Like which are the other options? We know Tomlin needs an off ball LB who can run a 4.4 for his coverage scheme (that doesn't work even with a 4.4 LB).

I think if Lloyd runs 4.5 or better he could likely be a Steeler. I don't think he's the pick without a good combine showing.

Who do you have as top EDGE for the 1st? For later rounds?

24. FosterMorris

FosterMorris Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    I'll miss Bince Billiams. He was literally stone cold.

25. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    personally i'd keep schobert, add llyod and trade bush.

add a good vet safety.

loudermilk i think will continue to get better.

bring adams back along with alualu.

dump tuitt with bush in a trade.

grab a vet left/right capable OT.

find another starting CB, keep witherspoon. keep sutton in the slot.

moore, green, hassenaur, dotson vet right/left tackle. draft a center. keep leglue, pridgeon and haeg as backups. :cool:

Last edited: Jan 21, 2022
    • Like Like x 1