1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Despite largest SNF halftime deficit in 3 years... Steelers draw 15.2 million

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SDOT, Oct 15, 2019.

1. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016

Had to fill the opposing stadium, 61 share, and 15.2 million while a competitive MLB playoff game was going on and the NFL can't give us one call!? What more do you want from us???

[​IMG]

Playoff boycott could do some serious damage...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    You now see why the Steelers get the max prime time slots you can have every single season.

Because they are a draw.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Anyone see LA on that market share table? What a wonderful home market for the Chargers...

• Hilarious Hilarious x 5
  4. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    1-4 team with 4th string QB but Goodell doesn't want us in the playoffs.

[​IMG]

5. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Ever since the downturn in Pittsburgh years ago many relocated all across the country so no matter where they play they are always well represented.

Still enough of us old time Steelers fans from the glory days that fell in love with this once hapless team that became a dynasty.

Then there are the haters that are jealous of our success and want to watch us fail.

Those three conditions means good ratings for any Steeler game.

The Steelers are most likely truly America's team but we will let Dallas have that after all what do they really have.

6. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

What does Dallas have?! On one hand, the most valuable Sports Franchise on the planet. On the other hand, an owner who's ego exceeds even his team's Net Worth by 10x!!

I could not agree more. Let Dallas have "America's Team". Less distractions for us. More for them with a universe sized target on their backs the same! :)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  7. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    We took Norfolk Virginia even though it Admirals season. That is power!

• Like Like x 1
  8. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Wait?

You're going to boycott again??

:bscow:

9. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    I was merely showing the power Steelers Nation holds. We can let our voice be heard or continue to get bent by the league while the Patriots coast to 7. The choice is yours 86WardsWay. Don't get your jimmies rustled by me simply laying out your options.

10. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    As said before when the jobs left the Burgh so did a lot of us and we raised are children to be Steeler fans. Then our children moved to other states and on and on it goes. Steeler fans don't travel well as much as the fact they are already there.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

Trust me I do my fair share of Boycotting and when I say it I mean it. Just ask my wife when she's craving Starbucks or wants to go to the movies.

The NFL to me anymore is just time passive minor entertainment that is hardly worth fretting over. Years ago, I would get worked up by it but anymore it's just a shell of itself since Roger Gooddell took over. I will not boycott the NFL ever because it's simply not that important to me anymore. I will continue to watch and root on my favorite team and still take my son to games when I can afford to but I'm done getting worked over by it anymore.

I know I rip on you often by your boycott claims but there can't be any respect towards your meaningless words as they only echo silence towards your actions. If you want to know what boycotting the NFL really is about just look no further than BFT who had over 20,000 posts here and finally had it with the kneeling aspect brought upon the league by a 2nd rate QB who thought he was something special when everyone one else in the NFL knew he wasn't.

Your boycotting the NFL is like me skipping picking up the mail out at the street for an evening. Sooner or later I will still have to go get it.

• Like Like x 2
  12. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Because we have no game this week, there is no NFL this weekend as far as I`m concerned. May the ratings pay for that, LOL.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    I"d rather be on Sunday's at 1pm. Give all the prime time slots to the Cowgirls since they are on every week and almost everywhere anyway.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Well, if I can't root for my team, then I will be rooting against a couple (Rats, GIrls, Bungles come to mind)

15. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    4th string?

16. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019
    you should play the Pickem and/or Survivor contests here on this board.

if you did, you would definitely realize that there's NFL this weekend!

17. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    4th string going into the season. Ben, Mason, Dobbs, Duck. Now I must address the elephant in the room...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  18. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    First off, what do you have against quality coffee?

This is very passive aggressive and sounds like somebody who has been beat into submission by Goodell. Like this is where I will be in 2-3 years when I've lost all hope and boycotting isn't even worth it anymore. To pretend you don't care when we know you do or you wouldn't be here talking Steelers football with us everyday. You care, you've just lost hope. I know that beacon of hope is still shining deep down inside you with Lombardi aspirations. We just need to reignite the flame.

Props to BFT for sticking up for what he believes in and having the will power. But to claim my boycott isn't respectable when tons of fans of teams have taken this same approach is silly. I'm boycotting because I want fair games called across the board. Boycotting because of the actions of a 2nd rate QB not even on my team is silly. That's the equivalent of going Burfict is a real piece of ****, I'm going to quit watching because of this one bad apple. Not to mention nobody on the Steelers even kneel'd. Although the ones who wanted to probably should have because this was the start of the decline. 2-0 and lost to a horrible Bears team and that loss cost us the playoffs. That started the rift between Tomlin/Harrison. Harrison was mad because Tomlin said he would be with the team. AV had to take two steps forward and not remain with his teammates. I'm sure players like AB/Bell wanted to kneel and this made them look sideways at the organization. The player who started it all is essentially blackballed from the league. I'm not sure how the NFL could have handled the situation any better. People are entitled to free speech, that's one of the great things about the USA opposed to some third world country.