1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Desmond King CB

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by turtle, Oct 2, 2016.

1. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I was able to catch most of the Iowa-Northwestern game yesterday and it was a good one in case you missed it. Very impressed with Desmond King the Iowa CB. He debated coming out last year in the draft but decided to stay in college one more year. Listed at 5'11", 203

He had 2 or 3 PBUs and 4 tackles. NW didn't really throw his way so TV coverage wasn't usually on him, but had some nice plays when visible.

He also had over 150yds on punt and kickoff returns. McCarron the other returner for Iowa had a lot of running room as well, so that may be more an indication of NWs coverage teams. Either way, he has that dual threat capability. Don't think Pittsburgh would go CB in the first round 2 years in a row as other needs may be more pressing, but a good prospect none the less.

I also tried to key on Northwestern LBer Anthony Walker. Not impressed with his game yesterday as I have in the past but he had a lot of tackles. Looked very slow at times and the Iowa offensive lineman generally didn't have any trouble staying engaged with him when they got to the second level. I have 2 other NW games recorded so we'll see how they go.

2. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    odenhigbo from NW may be worth a look too turtle. yes on king too. he's a nice looking player and was last year. :cool:

3. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Walker's lack of lateral agility and short area explosive power are going to hold him back in many aspects I am afraid. It is unfortunate since he does understand the basics of zone coverage schemes.

As for Desmond King.. I am not surprised. Granted he is not going to post the best 40 time.. but he is a high level twitch athlete that can play inside or shift to the outside.

... now that you mention it turtle... I really gotta get more focused on the safeties. Have some canidatesnin mind.. but just not sure if exercising an early round selection is going to be worth it.

4. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    william likely from maryland is quite talented DB and a great kick and punt returner. heck he's even played offense for them. oh and was an acedemic all-american. :smiley1::cool:

5. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    He tore his ACL recently.

6. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    yea i saw that 6. thats too bad, he was a dynamic player for them.:cool: