1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

DeShaun Watson

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by Disco1981, May 31, 2022.

1. Quadrupleyoi

Quadrupleyoi Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2017
    The league may take some time to decide how long his suspension will be. They have to be consistent and give him a similar penalty to that given in similar cases.
    However, there may be no existing guidelines for a serial hand job and prostate massage recipient.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Don’t forget massage table humper and despoiler. I’m pretty sure that’s uncharted territory.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  3. Junebug

Junebug Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2018
    Watson has not even one conviction for anything. Robert Kraft got off (lol) Scott free. The NFLPA will have a field day with that. Because of the Kraft "overlook" , I see "maybe" a 4 game suspension. Sad to say.

4. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Nobody Kraft was with was bringing a case against Him.....He got caught by a sting.
    Sleazeshaun Watson the Cleveland Creeper has women bringing cases against Him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Junebug

Oct 1, 2018
    But, two courts have refused to charge him with anything and basically thrown them out.

6. Quadrupleyoi

Quadrupleyoi Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2017
    I forgot about that part. I hope they had the decency to sanitize that table before the next person used it.

7. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I hope she didn’t end up with a new mini massage table…

8. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Not civil,and He has had like 10 more come forward since those court dates

9. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I think your comment exhibits a lot of the lack of knowledge about this process in comments I have read elsewhere. The NFLPA actually has no say in this after the case was presented to the arbitrator. This is the new system they wanted and got in the last CBA. Instead of the commissioner making the decision, both sides present their case to an independent arbitrator, this one a retired female federal judge. If Watson loses and appeals the decision, then the commissioner's that decision.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    That does not have any bearing. This is not a criminal or civil legal procedure. It is a employee contractual decision based on NFL policies. It is a legal procedure as far as arbitrator involvement, but that is based on the CBA agreement.

Ben was not charged yet was suspended. It us solely based on actions deemed detrimental to the league.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    That makes no difference. The nfl has a code of conduct policy and have had one for decades. The players union agreed to the code of conduct policy. Just do t understand why it’s such a hard concept for some of you to grasp.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Not even close to being the same...Kraft went to massage parlors and paid for a " happy ending"... Embarrassing...Would actually be the charge against him...

Watscum...Has 28 Women accusing him basically of Rape...He put their hands on his Junk, Sticking their fingers in his A**, ejaculating on them! Dude is a serial predator ( serial Rapist ) in my book...

Don't even bring up the Kraft BS, to make some kind of case like Watsmug is getting " the shaft" ...Be better!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    To me this is a sexual harassment in the workplace type of situation for these women. You generally don't see these in the criminal court, they are generally Civil Cases, unless the Department of Labor is involved.

To me the NFL should just fire him and ban him from ever being employed by one of their companies ever again. This is what happens to everyone else in the world, according to my last Sexual Harassment in the Workplace seminar I had to take. No more hitting on the FedEx driver for me. :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Agree. A single sexual harassment in the workplace will get you fired from most jobs, let alone 20-something. What is the NFL afraid of?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Junebug

Oct 1, 2018
    As all Browns fans rehash the career of traded quarterback Baker Mayfield, an NFL insider dropped a series of bombshell tweets about the Deshaun Watson case. On Thursday, Josina Anderson (@JosinaAnderson) posted a thread of tweets that of the cases the NFL investigated, one plaintiff may have lied. The reporting implies the plaintiff changed her story after discovering other plaintiffs were seeking financial settlements. To review, the NFL investigated 12 of the 24 cases and presented five cases to prove Watson violated the Personal Conduct Policy. The case Josina Anderson is referencing was not one of the five cases. Here are her tweets.

“I’m told there’s a recording of an interview with the adult son of 1 of 12 women the NFL interviewed in the Deshaun Watson case —stating his mom initially was complimentary of Watson in their conversations after the massage, but later switched her account and tone after 1/4”

“[Cont.] negative allegations surfaced about Watson. The son intimated his mother intended to reward his silence, per league source. There’s a feeling that the NFL was initially cagey about details they learned from the woman’s son—after only mentioning they interviewed him 2/4”

[Cont.] in their report. The son’s recording was later reviewed by Watson’s side revealing the aforementioned details —presumably illuminating why this particular accuser was not included with the 5 women the NFL ultimately focused on at the hearing. 3/4

[Cont.] I was also told the NFL presented no evidence of violence, force, threat or coercion in the allegations of the 5 women they focused on at the hearing before Sue Robinson, as first reported by @ProFootballTalk in part. 4/4

This case is only one of 24 and does not prove any of the many other cases were filed under false pretenses. If Josina Anderson’s sources are true and I have no reason to doubt her sources, then it shows the NFL’s case is weak. Prior to this reporting, the league leaked they would agree to a settlement of twelve games instead of a year, which tells me they are in full damage control. As I stated in my article last week, https://clesportstalk.com/my-thoughts-on-the-watson-case/ the NFLPA and Watson will not settle. The more reports I hear from this hearing, the more I’m convinced Watson will not be found in violation of the Personal Conduct Policy and serve no suspension.

https://clesportstalk.com/new-reporting-on-the-watson-hearing

Interesting.

17. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
  18. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
  19. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    He better get more than that.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    I may be reading the tea leaves wrong but the NFLPA doesn't prematurely threaten to sue and the Browns don't publicly say that they'll look for a QB if a year long suspension isn't expected.

• Like Like x 1
  21. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Watson says he's prepared to sue the NFL if there is any suspension. Now I'm hearing it may be just a two game suspension. Maybe Ben should have did the same. Watson should be suspended a minimum of 12 games but Gooddell will probably accept the ____ card and cave to the demands.

• Agree Agree x 2
  22. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I still don't understand why all 24 women were not allowed to speak to the judge. Why were only 5 women allowed to come forward. Is this suspension only going to be for the 5 cases brought to the Judge, with another suspension to come later?

Maybe I have been watching to many court shows, but I thought during the sentencing part of the case all victims were allowed to come forward to tell the Judge their personal story before the Judge handed down the amount of time, they would have to serve?

• Like Like x 1
  23. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    There is no judge when cases are settled out of court.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I am not talking about the civil cases. I am talking about the NFL case with the Judge, or Arbitrator only allowing 5 women to speak to her on the Watson case. Where were the other 20 women, and why didn't the Judge hear their stories?

• Agree Agree x 2
  25. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 1