1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Deshaun Watson wanted Khan in Houston

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Jan 13, 2021.

1. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I agree 2 a point, but the trade for Fitzpatrick is different. We didn't have 2 pay him big right off, and still don't. So not huge hit 2 the cap yet. Watson would be automatic a huge pay , and huge hit 2 the cap

2. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    I know it's fun to pretend but we all know Watson coming here ain't happening right? Just making sure.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Anyone who's being realistic.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
  5. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
  6. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I don’t know about that. BB with Watson is pretty scary.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    How are the Patriots the most likely landing spot? Plenty of other teams have more resources to offer in trade.

8. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    Competitive yes but a dominant force no. As much as I hate to admit it now, I think it was evident it was Brady more then BB.

9. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I’d hold off on that judgment. Brady went to a stacked team. Belichick had a team pretty much void of talent with absolute garbage at QB. They were on the decline in Bradys last year there, too. That’s why some were saying Brady was finished. Need talent to win whether you are Belichick or Brady.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    Yes the Texans are one huge cluster f at this point
    IMHO, what this year has shown is that Brady > Belichick + McDaniels. Brady was able to win with converted QBs and cast offs as his WRs while in New England. Can Watson do that?

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Apparently not. U take away 1 Wr and for Watson , and his fans. Well...you took all his weapons away. Like no other Qb has lost top Wrs.

12. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Watson still performed at a very high level despite losing Hopkins

13. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Brady won with those guys because Belichek implemented a system that allowed him to succeed.

If Brady was drafted by the Jets or Dolphins, do you think any of us would even know who he is? I think he would have been out of the league after a few years. Belichek turned him into what he is. Belichek is known for putting his players into a position to succeed.

NE was a team on decline either way, although Brady is a million times better than Cam, so they may have made the playoffs if Brady was still there. Without a QB, your can't win in today's NFL. Cam is horrible

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I will just agree with the stats. I guess winning and losing don't matter. I don't want 2 hear because O'Brian. Who I don't like, but they won just as many playoff games without Watson as they did with him there. With O'Brian Coaching. Explain that 2 me. We all know stats can be taken alot of ways. It's when you throw the Td , pick, fumble the ball , or throw the yards that matter. It's kinda like D. Prescott...for example. Just using him cause I got alot of Dallas fans , that are friends. So I've seen alot of his games. Does nothing but bad till down by 3 scores, and D starts playing prevent . Then magically at the end of a loss . He has 3 Tds , 1 pick , a fumble, and 400 yards passing. Everyone that just looks at stats say....Well . Wasn't his fault. He had a great game. Unless you really watched the game, or have Dallas colored shades on.

15. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    I think Miami and NYJ can blow everyone else out of the water in terms of trade capital. It’s hard to see him ending up anywhere else if either of those teams make a serious move for him.

He has a no trade clause so he has some control over where he goes but I expect that he will have to meet the team halfway in terms of ensuring that they receive fair compensation if he wants to move.

16. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Miami, I would consider for him. My money is on the Panthers.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    The point was that he was still tremendously productive even after the Texans traded away the best receiver in the NFL.

• Like Like x 1
  18. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
  19. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011

So the Steelers should be prepared to give up Watt and Minkah, in addition to the 4 high draft picks.

20. SteelersFanIrl

Mar 3, 2019
    Nobody with any grasp on reality thinks that the Steelers will trade for Watson

As far as I am concerned there are only two potential destinations, Jets or Dolphins. They have trade ammo that no other team can match. My money is on the Jets

• Winner Winner x 1
  21. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    It's hard to tell with all the talk about Watson on here, some fans seemed to think it was doable.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  22. SteelersFanIrl

Mar 3, 2019
    If the Steelers are paying Watt and Minkah they will need a QB on rookie money for a few years. They have to draft their own guy.

This McLain guy is guessing btw, he is a respected beat writer by all accounts but he was saying only a few weeks ago that it wasn’t possible that the Texans would trade him. It looks now like they have no choice.

Also a first round pick is not one uniform compensation as I am sure you know. To say the Texans want X number of picks is beyond stupid, it depends entirely on where those picks are in the draft order. There is absolutely no comparison between the second overall pick that the Jets hold and the 24th that the Steelers hold. That is why the Jets and Miami are best placed to make a deal (if they want him).

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I think he goes to Miami. He wants to go there, they give Texans Tua plus they have the draft capital to make it happen. Maybe Devante Parker gets thrown in, too.

• Like Like x 2