1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

DeShaun Watson traded to the Browns

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by steelersrule6, Mar 17, 2022.

1. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    I think this means one of the top QBs will fall to us in the draft. If so, I wouldn’t object to us selecting him

2. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Jermaine Johnson, Travon Walker they will probably be gone by #20 though, I think they need a #1 type of CB to match up with these good offenses in the AFC.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Hopefully Watson gets suspended for half the season :hehehe:.

• Like Like x 2
  4. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Especially when they spot the other team 14 points in the first 5 minutes.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    From injuries..

6. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    And so will his cap hit. Im sure that Cleveland is at least competent enough to escalate it each year. Maybe starting at 30 and increasing to 50-60 by the end.

7. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    He is that good. Also Cleveland already has a really talented team. Far better than what he had in houston

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

It would be interesting if the team elected to take David Ojabo however while his potential and talent are both worthy of Top 20 consideration, his lack of polish and detail to the finite aspects leave much to be desired. Keep in mind I stated this long before his unfortunate injury today; wishing him a speedy recovery all the same.

That said though, if I am Pittsburgh, Andrew Booth Jr or Daxton Hill are my personal choices; now more so leaning toward Hill UNLESS Terrell resigns with the team. Heck, even if Terrell does, Daxton Hill is only one of three Safeties capable of playing the STAR role on defense; arguably four with Jaquan Brisker from Penn State though using him in such a way is a waste of his talents and skill set. Sounds silly at first for a DB over the pass rush but then add in the likes of JaMarr Chase, Amari Cooper and even Marquis "Hollywood" Brown (assuming Lamar Jackson lasts the entire season). Need "Anti Air Weapons" to counteract those for I believe the pass rush, while not complete, is further ahead than the back end is. Do not forget old friend that this draft is VERY DEEP and VERY TALENTED on the EDGE; plenty... and I mean PLENTY to choose from. For that matter, Nik Bonitto from the University of Oklahoma is about as close to an Alex Highsmith clone as one can get. Now, if you really want that other "Batman", Jermaine Johnson is the best bet. That said, he needs to continually be on the attack as his overall counter moves leave something to be desired.

Overall, I agree with you that getting after the QB with the best stable of Pass Rushing options is key. However, as much as I personally would like to, there is still the massive void at SS. Now, Lewis Cine is essentially Terrell Edmunds but his ball skills are better than Terrell's coming out. The crown jewel among safeties though for me still lie in Daxton Hill. He technically is a Free Safety with the ability to play either the slot or as an Outside CB but he is no slouch at SS at all. His biggest obstacle is how well will he hold up at said position in the pros?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    They mentioned this on the Fan about an hour ago. With Watson now with the Browns the Steelers will gamble and do everything they can to land boom or bust Willis. I would rather stay the course and build the defense up like others here have said.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Yep.

Andrew Booth Jr is my personal odds on favorite. I still believe he is long gone myself by pick 20 but I do not foresee a scenario in which the teams QB options are gone but he is still on the board by then. He is truly everything Tomlin would ever want in a CB and then some; Jaire Alexander 2.0 at that.

11. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

!!!!

:hi:

My apologies!! :drinks:

12. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Impressive when baker Mayfield is your qb

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  13. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    YAWN.
    CLEAN UP YOUR YARD!

So what. We play the stains twice a year. Watson is toast.
    Welcome to the AFC CENTRAL

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    If he doesn't workout before the draft, he could still be on the board at #20, other options later on McDuffie, Wooley, Taylor.

15. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    What is this 1995???

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  16. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Maybe the Rooney's can use some pull with the schedule makers to have us play the Browns twice early in the year while he is suspended.

• Like Like x 1
  17. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Pittsburgh sadly did not visit with Trent McDuffie; a major whiff in my opinion. I personally understand why the Steelers Brass are not accustomed to traveling out to the far west but c'mon. There is some seriously good talent over there; Washington doubly so. That program has built up quite the reputation for developing some seriously good to even great DB play for a while now; starting with Budda Baker. I believe that, like all other Washington DBs... Trent McDuffie will play out his draft slot. If anything, I will not be surprised if McDuffie ends up as the best CB from the class; Booth Jr, Sauce and Stingley Jr included.

His instincts and overall technique and discipline are easily Top 20 in just about any of the previous four classes regardless of skill position. His height though is what would cause a stir in some, if not many, draft war rooms. For me, an elite player is still an elite player.. no matter how short he is. If he can play at a high level.. he can play.. period.

• Like Like x 2
  18. forgotten1

Mar 4, 2022
    Hopefully, the Steelers play them twice in the second half after his suspension( if there is one) and he gets Jacked the ---- up.
    Hey, I do know Jack.

• Like Like x 1
  19. forgotten1

Mar 4, 2022
    It's not? lol.

20. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011

• Like Like x 1
  21. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    No worries. I somewhat agreed with what you said. I just bristle at people who "guarantee" a player is going to be great! Watson could be the exception to the rule and be the next Montana after being out for a year+. I'll believe it when I see it.

• Winner Winner x 1
  22. SWSteel

SWSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2020
    220....221.... forget it.... he's rolling

:lolol:

23. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Agreed. This had better work for Cleveland. If not... this will set the team back in a big way. Again though, no word yet on the punishment the NFL will deal Watson once all of this has been decided.

• Agree Agree x 2
  24. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Your lips to God's ears!

• Winner Winner x 1
  25. forgotten1

Mar 4, 2022
    Makes me
    SOOOO much happier to be a STEELER FAN.
    Talk about a *hitshow for an organization in Cleveland,