1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

DeShaun Watson traded to the Browns

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by steelersrule6, Mar 17, 2022.

1. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    If he gets 10 games then the Browns can forget about the playoffs this coming year. At best Jacoby Brissett might lead them to a 4-6 record. That means that Watson would have to go 6-1 in their last 7 games to get to 10-7. That's a tall order for anyone and it won't happen.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Oh.. boy.... this.

For that matter, let us hope that the NFL has shown any improvement in that regard. Personally speaking, I seriously doubt that they have and, will not be surprised if he gets less than 10 games. I see 6 games sadly; 8 tops.

• Like Like x 1
  3. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Then the following year...the cap hit takes over, and they start losing players. Perfect. LoL :thumbs_up:

• Like Like x 2
  4. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I'm thinking 6

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    The Cleveland Creeper ...PleaseNoshaun Watson. LoL

6. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Or.... Sleazeshaun Watson the Cleveland Creeper sound better??

7. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    It’s comparing 5 apples to 11 apples

They are still apples

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. SteelReal

SteelReal Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2020
    Ok.

• Like Like x 1
  9. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    We should be happy that he got out of the steelers ownership group and bought the flaming dumpster fire train wreck mistake by the lake.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    What he needs to get is a beat down. I'm guessing there is a line of people just waiting to run into him alone somewhere.

• Like Like x 1
  11. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Good 2 see You back:thumbs_up:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Junebug

Junebug Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2018
    You all are quick to condemn. Did you give big Ben the same treatment when he got accused? I thought it was innocent until proven guilty in America. Wonder what the posts would be if he were a Steeler?

13. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    A whole bunch did! Not just fans of other teams. There are a few who STILL think Ben was a rapist.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    1. F**k Sleazeshaun Watson the Cleveland Creeper, and .....
    2. ......Well that's all I got for now. :shrug:

15. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

That reminds me to leave you this link. Exactly as you stated!!

16. Junebug

Oct 1, 2018
    [​IMG]

That's all I got for now.

17. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Wow Genuine Genius here^^^^^. I can paste a picture of someone with a quote.....that didn't even come up with the quote. LoL.

18. Junebug

Oct 1, 2018

Well, at least your screen name gives you away.....

S...sexually

T...transmitted

D.....disease

I myself wouldn't be proud about that, but at least you're honest about it, I'll give you that!

19. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL :thumbs_up:

• Like Like x 1
  20. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    That is freaking hilarious! What has he had like 6 head coaches in 10 years? Being part of a minority group sure as hell doesn't qualify you to effectively run an NFL franchise. Haslam and the stains are a match made in heaven, or hell depending on one's perspective!

• Like Like x 2
  21. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Major setback for Watson as Judge orders Watson to answer the question about sexual relations with the 18 Massage therapist who came forward to support Watson in his defense. Before Watson was refusing to answer any question as to weather he had sex with these 18 women who were stating he was a good client.

Also another blow to his case yesterday is that the Houston Texans have been ordered to turn over their information on their relationship they had with the Massage Therapist. The Houston Texans and the NFL may become liable for Watson's behavior.

• Like Like x 1
  22. MeanJoeBlue

MeanJoeBlue Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2013
    Civil cases are different from criminal ones.
    (I’m not a lawyer, and this is from experts speaking in the news, so keep that in mind if you’ve heard different.)

For a criminal case, a defendant can plead the 5th and it shouldn’t be used to infer anything. For a civil case, the jury is allowed to make inferences on why a defendant isn’t talking, and use that in the jury decision.

That’s part of the reason for the weird Cosby situation. It was in his interest to testify in the civil case (as damning as it was), but not if his words could be used in a criminal case. The original prosecutor thought the criminal case was a non-starter, so gave Cosby immunity in order to help the civil case. (Whether that was a correct reading of the situation is another matter altogether.)

• Like Like x 1
  23. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    It was also reported yesterday that the lawyer for the 22 will not set trial dates until March of 23. As it is not a class action that is 22 separate trials. The question was poised how does the NFL handle discipline? If it to light they lose, yet if he plays and then try a suspension they lose. Nothing better than knowing it's the Browns now having to deal with this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    In a civil case ots just preponderance of evidence that can tip the scales. Like 50.5 pet cent. Also if he does lie, even in a sworn deposition charges of perjury can be brought. This is 22 separate cases, so possibly being h deposed 22 different times. Brilliamt strategy not bringing a class action.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Junebug

Oct 1, 2018
    Let me clear something up … most of you use Ben’s “crime” as some sort of bar for judging Watson. Wrong!! The specifics of Ben's case make it clear that he probably DID commit the crime. (Not being charged isn’t the threshold). There were witnesses, and Ben himself corroborated some of the specifics. THAT is why Ben, his agent, AND the owner and management of the Steelers AGREED with the suspension. (Which was fair due to not being formally charged). As for Watson… there are NO WITNESSES, and NO ADMISSIONS! Period! So… the NFL has a problem: how to access a punishment without ANY punishable information. If they were to suspend him without a single finding of guilt, his lawsuit would be historic and could bring down the entire “shield”. If a single case judgment is made AGAINST him, the the NFL can do whatever if wants as punishment. Here is a little “Ben” info to support my position.
    Several witnesses at the establishments patronized by Roethlisberger told investigators that Joyner was serving as a bodyguard. One witness at Capital City, the nightclub that was the final stop on Roethlisberger’s night out, is an acquaintance of Roethlisberger’s accuser. She said Joyner did not comply with her request for assistance at the time the accuser said the assault took place..
    A statement by the Pennsylvania state police said Joyner “exceeded the scope of the employment description” for which he was approved and “in doing so he is alleged to have demeaned the image of the department.”
    That sounded like what Goodell told Roethlisberger in his letter.
    “In your six years in the N.F.L., you have first thrilled and now disappointed a great many people,” Goodell wrote. “I urge you to take full advantage of this opportunity to get your life and career back on track.”

• Disagree Disagree x 1