1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Depression and PTSD.

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by Rollers, Feb 28, 2024.

1. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    If this is an inappropriate topic feel free to delete. I suffer from PTSD. Most times I can control it. So many of my brothers are committing suicide every day. Lat night it got to me badly. Please if you would pray for veterans I would appreciate it. I can't explain what it does to a person but it can be deadly

• Winner Winner x 2
  2. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Sorry to hear about this. Praying.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Praying

4. Rollers

Nov 8, 2016
    Thanks. I'll be ok. My wife knows just what to do when I'm like that. It involves and iron frying pan and a swing like Willie Stargell

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  5. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Depression is no ****ing joke. Hang in there and please talk to someone

6. Rollers

Nov 8, 2016
    I do. thanks

7. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL. I watched the family members that actually made it back from Vietnam all handle it differently. I was too young to understand my Grandparents that came back from Korea, but remember well the ones from Vietnam. Lost one to an overdose. So I will pray anyway.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    We've got you in our thoughts Rollers. Reading some of the troubling dialogue on this MB however, not sure if this is a sanctuary or trigger for you. It seems to work both ways. The fact you keep checking in is a good thing I'm thinking. Thank you for your service Sir! :thumbs_up:

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Rollers

Nov 8, 2016
    LOL Now you know why I'm a prckly old man!!!!!!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Inseparable terms - just ask JEH. :lolol:

I think many of us are like the old Judges on The Muppets Show. :club:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  11. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Does she do helicopters with her one arm loosening up before whacking you aka spread some chicken on the hill with Will? ;)

Don't tell Mojave desert guy about Stargell, he holds a big grudge against him.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  12. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    We watch those shows on WW2 and everybody looks AOK but I heard the truth years ago from some vets who served in WW2. They said the government had zero idea how to deal with it and wanted to sweep it under the rug. Hell, after WW1 they tried to ignore the Vets.

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    The fact you remember this tidbit amazes me. As far as WS as a player, he was one of the best to don a Pirate uni and for that I admire him greatly. As far as the Saint status that the media bestowed on him (and still does), I beg to differ. I was merely asking kindly for an autograph for my little brother who worshiped him as he was walking through the Pirates hotel and WS essentially pushed me out of the way and refused. I've met/talked with dozens's of celebs in my time and WS is the only one who was ever rude. Hell even Maz and Rocky extended their hands to greet me when I was just standing there as they walked past me. John Madden bought me a drink in Vegas. I had drinks with Doug Drabek one on one in SF the year he won the Cy Young. They were all as kind, humble and approachable as could be. If I had had a mic, camera and press pass, I'm sure the encounter would have been different. I'm sure this is the only time this ever happened and WS was just having a bad night.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. kakhatesmortgages66

kakhatesmortgages66 Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2020
    Hang in there. Have you considered edibles? Theyve helped me out a ton, not that my issues are as rough as yours, im sure.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Rollers

Nov 8, 2016
    I have. But the vaping seems to do a lot more for me.

• Like Like x 2