1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

DELUSIONAL

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by blitz_burgh, Jan 12, 2016.

1. blitz_burgh

blitz_burgh

Nov 15, 2011
    This is why it will never change in Cincinnati...

Marvin Lewis thanks Bengals fans for "creating a good environment" on Saturday

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. lewisha

lewisha Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I am now beginning to understand why the players are out of control. The coach is clueless. This is just....wow....

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. NDsteelerfan

NDsteelerfan Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Man I miss sam wyche. At least he had some integrity

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Ah, so it proves what I've been saying all along - he knew exactly what his thugs were up to and couldn't care less whether someone got injured.

What a tool. Suspend this fool for a season.

5. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    The environment was created by the NFL early in the week and I don't think it was a very positive one.

Two division rivals. A home team that has been bullied for years according to their fans by cheap shots and favorable calls. A Saturday Night 8:30 PM start, giving all fans plenty of time to get liquored up. Players trash talking each other before and after the last meeting. An officiating crew that failed to control the game last time getting a second opportunity to try and control the game this time. Alcohol sales well into the 4th quarter. And to think I almost took my 8 year old to that game. Best decision I made was staying home.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Good thing their "good environment " didn't include glass bottles

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. snipit73

snipit73

Oct 23, 2011
    It's getting to the point where these sporting events are gonna be adult only soon.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Totally irresponsible of him to not call out fans for throwing things on the field and at Ben. Wow, used to like Lewis but the comment he's been making this week, he's a jerk just like Burfict and Jones.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. knab70

knab70 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2012
    I could care less if they change, karma will always follow a thug infested team. They need to flush their sewer sooner than later. I can think of a few turds right off the top, and Marvin needs to soak his testicles in miracle grow.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    If I was a team owner and my coach said this after what went down during that game, I'd be lining up new coaches to interview ASAP.

11. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012

Yea, but we're talking about Mike Brown and Katie Blackburn. They are way too busy counting all the money they made from Saturday night. It's not like they would have had another home game this season so it doesn't really matter to them all that much. Just making the playoffs is a success for that organization. They already have said that Marvin is their guy next season.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Well then that sucks for them but has so far been good for us!

13. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Isn't it obvious? Management knows exactly what the score is with Lewis - they allow these thugs to be drafted or signed year after year after year. This isn't news to them, so I doubt Lewis goes anywhere.

The crime is that he'll most likely be coaching them at the start of the regular season next year... so there is no justice.

14. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    The owner, coach and our two favorite thugs are all asses. The problem controlling the fans in the stands, relating to their reaction to Steeler fans, is directly on the NFL and the home team. For very little money the environment could have been made safe, All you need to do is decrease alcohol sales and load up on additional security. But I guess with all the money the NFL and the home team made on that game it wasn't enough to warrant spending a little on keeping people safe.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. jwest21

jwest21 Active Member

Nov 2, 2011
    Delusional is accurate for their players, the coaches and the fans. Lewis thinks the atmosphere was "good". Lewis thinks Burfict's hit wasn't "over the edge". Jones blames Porter for his own stupidity. The Fans are blaming Shazier, Porter and the refs. It's ridiculous....no one wants to take any responsibility for the loss. All they want to do is blame someone else.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  16. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    And that's why they continually go one and done when it matters most. They are a mentally weak bunch. That's the main reason why I thought they had a better chance with McCarron instead if Dalton despite Dalton being a better QB. All his whining after the "red Ryder" comment, and his annual law chair folding act in the playoffs shows me that he doesn't have it between the ears to go anywhere in the playoffs. McCarron is tough as nails and has a really good head in his shoulders.

It's not just Dalton either tho. Burfict can't control himself, Pacman is whiny and blames everyone else and it rubs off on some of their other players. If I was one of the good guys on that team (and they have plenty of good football players that are good dudes too) I would HATE Jones and Burfict. They have one of the most talented rosters year in and year out, yet they go nowhere. They don't have a winning culture, and that's the difference between them and other teams that may be less talented but continually whoop them when it's all on the line. They just have too many losers on their roster (including their head coach) and until they fix it, they will be singing the same tune year in and year out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Wow. I used to think Lewis was pretty classy but now I consider him a classless enabler!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Agreed. I actually felt kind of bad for him on Saturday as his thug team completely lost control and, ultimately, lost the game. Looks like it starts at the top, though.

• Like Like x 1
  19. MorrisFoster

MorrisFoster Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2014
    It's funny how the Browns have fired around 10 coaches since Marvin Lewis took over for the Bengals...

And both those organizations have exactly 0 playoff wins!

How can the Bengals sit by watching the Steelers and Ravens go to Super bowls and be fine with the status quo?

I don't get it... But keep doin' what you do Cinci. You do you.

• Like Like x 1
  20. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012
    It's really like a Merry-Go-Round in Cleveland and Cincinnati. OC Hue Jackson is leaving Cincinnati and going to be the Head Coach for Cleveland. Good luck Hue. You will need it!

21. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    James Farrior said it best Saturday night on Twitter.

• Agree Agree x 1