1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Defensive Contracts

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mikeyg, Nov 15, 2021.

1. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I am not sure I'd pay anyone else one more dollar for a large D contract. that starts with O'Lay Minkah. He is not elite - he is good, and at times very good, but not worth being paid a Top 5 S contract, IMO. Now - with Edmunds being so bad, we are in a tough spot. TomBert have lots of hard decisions. Bush blows - really has never done anything impressive since we drafted him, NEVER in the right spot at the right time. Does not have good football instinct, not for the MOVE we had to make to get him. a bust, in my book. And Schobert - no long term solution there. He is average at best. Plays to on roller skates against the run. Just EMBARRASSING! that entire D, the last few weeks. Bend but don't break, but they do break. We only beat CHI b/c the refs were on our payroll. Maybe we do end up giving Haden a one year deal, if he will take it.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Franco

Franco Active Member

Sep 19, 2019
    And that’s a why your not a coach

3. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

wrong

there are some very smart persons that are not coaches or GMs / owners and there are some very DUMB persons that ARE Coaches and GM's / owners.

ponder that one

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Madmike77

Madmike77 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2019
    Honestly with the roster they have at the moment, the Steelers may have trouble hitting the cap floor over the next couple of years. There really aren't many players on this roster due for big raises. So they might as well make a solid offer to Minkah. It's not like it's going to hurt them any time soon.

No one else you mentioned is really worth paying. I definitely wouldn't touch Bush's 5th year option. At this point, if you wanted, you could sign him longer term for a lot less.

Edmunds isn't great, but he could be worth bringing back if the price is right. I think passing on his 5th year was the correct call though.

5. chris2fer

chris2fer Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2016
    They have a already declined the 5th year option on Edmunds he’s looking for a real estate agent.

6. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    correct - they see that he sucks. Minkah is the tricky one - I'd offer him a 4-5 year deal but he is not worth top 5 $$ - he thinks he is, I am sure. They will have their work cut out. Spend $$ first on a QB - AROD or RWIL are my picks.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1