1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Defense, Stats and Pats

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by bigbenhotness, Jan 17, 2017.

1. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Decided to compare and cherry pick our 9 game winning streak defensive stats, vs Pats last 9 games playoffs included.

Pats fans saying how great their D is, I mean it is pretty good.

Got all the pats opponents average offense ppg and averaged 9 games, same with pit along with rush yards per game per team.

Pats faced = 25th average offense/17th rushing attack
    Pit faced = 20th average offense/17th rushing attack

Tallied all the 9 game averages

PATS= 231 passing(per game), 78.6rushing per game(3.5ypc) 10 int, 6 fumbles, 24 sacks QBR 40.3 14.8 ppg

PIT= 217 passing(per game), 88 rushing per game(3.9ypc) 11 int, 7 fumbles, 31 sacks, 37.4QBR 16.5ppg

Our defense is pretty good too pats fans.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    An ascending Bud Dupree, the continued disruption of Stephon Tuitt and the "Big Three" on defense (Artie Burns, Sean Davis, and Javon Hargrave) have really helped out.

Well... that and the fact that the defense as a whole has finally put it together. The divisional game may not look like it initially, but to me, that was the game they needed for their "signature win" to further enforce what I knew what they could be since Bud's return; this is a great defense.

A defense that will be ready come New England. No more tactics Belichick. No more "gate" level incidents.

It is time to be these;

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Bud Dupree is a huge difference maker and I think he is going to let Brady know he is there. As long as it wasn't on 3rd down I would happily take the 15 yards for Dupree to completely blow him up. I'm not saying injure him but rattle him. I think Dupree is going to be my next jersey.

• Like Like x 2
  4. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Dupree would have been my jersey in his rookie season had it not been for bills. :facepalm::lolol:

• Like Like x 1
  5. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    While saying this, our offense needs to score. Minimum 30, unless we beat the hell out of Brady, and keep him on the sidelines by running.

6. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Bud's reminding me a lot of Lambert - not overly built - a bit lanky - but hits like a persuader rocket and pursues to infinity all with a very nasty disposition. And with a classic fiction novel hero name. Liking it - a lot! :clapping:

• Agree Agree x 1