1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Defense An Achilles Heel? I Do Not Think So.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by AskQuestionsLater, Dec 4, 2016.

1. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    mayo on a hot dog???
    ketchup on a hot dog???

nein danke

give me mayo for my pomme frites [lease

2. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I think they know who they are, they go against Ben in practice.

3. jeh1856

jeh1856 Nap time

Oct 26, 2011
    Defense is certainly better than it was a year ago, and certainly improving, but it is far from good IMnotsoHO.

4. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    I'd say we're getting good. Good as in right in that 9-11th best in the league slot. I always thought the D may struggle a bit early with all the young guys playing then would get stronger as the year progressed if they started to figure it out.

I hate that some people think we need to shut down Brady or someone else to be considered "good". To shut the Pats down you need to be "great" and have a good game too lol Brady has made a career shredding "good" defenses.

We're good, not great. Maybe we can be great down the road a few years but not just yet. I'm encouraged by our progress though. We definitely have a good enough D to win it all if our offense gets hot at the right time

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Our D will get torched again, it's just how it goes. You want to see an upward trend is all

6. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    I agree that the D is improving. I'm just not ready to "crown their a$$" just yet.

It appears that the improvement has been the result of an improving Artie Burns.