1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Deebo Inactive For Colts

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by The Glory Days, Nov 10, 2017.

1. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Apparently he got a cramp in his back from sitting on the bench too much.

Per NFL.com:

"Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker James Harrison (back) is out against the Indianapolis Colts."

I guess MT's plan to keep him healthy by not playing him backfired.

2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I think more likely that the future is on the field and Deebo is insurance. As it should be.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    That doesn't hold water because the future was injured and/or not effective at times and no one cashed in the policy. It's like having Aflac and going duck hunting. Makes no sense.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Saving him for last 3 games of his career, two playoff games and the Super Bowl. Then him and Ben will be carried off on teammates shoulders on a cold Minnesota night.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    I'll drink to that. :drinks:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    You make it sound like he's missed a ton of time.

The right personnel has been on the field.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  7. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    When I said "the future" I wasn't just referring to TJ. Chick and Matakevich came in for him when he was injured. I don't recall Deebo filling in for injury, but rotating in while TJ was active. I could be wrong about that.

And maybe, maybe, the right personnel was on the field. That's your opinion. I disagree and opine that we had better personnel sitting on the bench at times. But that's our coach's m.o., sitting on his hands and opting for status quo, even when we're struggling. So I'll concede that MT would agree with you in this case. But I'm still not swayed.

8. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Maybe, just maybe, JH's back has been an issue all season for him.

But dont let me get in the way of another gripe about MT. Have at it :thumbs up:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    You know, I've actually been quietly, VERY quietly, wondering if there wasn't something wrong with Deebo that wasn't being reported. But it is just so much more satisfying to blame MT this season. :hehehe:

10. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    This may be a stupid question, or I missed something. What does "Deebo" stand for?

11. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Apparently teammates started calling him that after the fictional character Deebo played by Tommy Lister in the Friday movies. Deebo was the neighborhood bully.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Gotcha, thanks! I didn't get the reference since I've not seen the movies.

13. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Highly doubt his back has been a issue except for maybe this week. If that was the case they would of just stated such and wouldn't have to deal with all the questions every week. His play hasn't reflected a injury and he wouldn't have took his not so subtle jabs on Instagram about not playing.
    Anyway Porter said we are saving him until it gets cold and it's getting pretty damn cold........so maybe we will see him soon according to their irrational rational.......

14. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    agree, don't think there was a previous injury. He was still posting some crazy workout vids. Hopefully the "cold" or whatever comes soon and he gets in a little more frequently when he's healthy. It may be helpful to TJ as well. Maybe it lessens the "rookie wall" some guys experience. TJ may run thru the wall too as well as he's been playing :lolol:, but I'm all for an ounce of prevention.

15. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Dont know if its the case or not but I think its more likely than some cockamaniam plan to save him until cold weather.

You cant play football with a bad back. You can work out with a bad back.

Why would they announce he is nursing an injury? Teams withhold kind of that stuff all the time.

16. TomlinSux

TomlinSux Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    I hope so! Would be a fitting end to an amazing career.