1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Decastro will be late

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelHack, Apr 27, 2012.

1. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    They talked about Luke having to wait to go to Indy because of the grad rule.....I am assuming Double D will as well.

HACK

2. jrc

jrc Member

Nov 9, 2011
    He spent four years at Stanford and has already graduated.

3. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    At the press conference today, Rooney said he might have broken a record for the fastest arrival of a 1st round pick in Pittsburgh, having grabbed the red eye last night.

If I heard him correctly, DD said he'll need to finish the final quarter at Stanford to get his degree.

4. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Thats what I heard also.

5. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    No DD no Adams for the first OTA

HACK

6. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
  7. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    This is not a surprise as its been reported for weeks but consider this...Ben waited 8 years to finish his studies and get his degree but Decastro can't attend OTA's or mini camp because he hasn't finished his studies? What's wrong with this picture? What sucks is that both he and Adams will be missing some valuable learning time; especially if we want them to start this season. That's a rule that needs to change.

8. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    Well, mainly I believe it's in place to keep colleges happy. The rule only applies to schools that use a quarter system vs the semester system. Ben chose to leave college to enter the draft where as these guys just need to finish the final quarter before attending more than one mini-camp. Coincidentally, Ohio State is switching to the semester system next year. Ohio State Moves To Semesters

9. ivanarevalo07

ivanarevalo07 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    DeCastro I'm not too worried about. Adams is the one that can't afford to miss time. He's a rookie coming in and playing one of the most important positions on the team and if it's in the Steelers plans to start him he needs as many reps as he can get. Any word on exactly how much time he'll miss?

10. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    I believe he must wait until June 10th.

11. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    I really question the character of both guys, attending schools where they can't be in camp already.

12. ivanarevalo07

ivanarevalo07 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    The nerve of them pursuing their college education, instead of sacrificing their bodies for our entertainment. Selfish! :frustrated:

13. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    He will be worth the wait.

14. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011

Give them a break, they are rookies for crying outloud! They will soon learn that their whole existence is purely for our entertainment and that any decision they make from here on out will be judged (and mostly ridiculed) by the masses who don't have to expose their own lives but can sit in judgment of others. Ironic isn't it?

15. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Can they attend and not participate? I think being there to absorb the schedule, atmosphere and mental reps is still effective. Also it lets everyone know they are as committed as they possibly can be.

16. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Calm down Iowa. steelbydesign's comment registered a solid 8.5 (out of 10) on the sarcasm meter.