1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

DeCastro slipping?

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by SteelByDesign, Mar 16, 2012.

1. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    So when looking at the draft order, the ceiling and most likely landing spot for DeCastro in my opinion was 13 to Arizona, or 14 to Dallas.

In the past 24 hours Dallas has signed Nate Livings and Mackenzy Bernadeau both of whom I think are backup guards but they gave them starter money... So I think that definitely rules out DeCastro to Dallas.

Arizona re-signed Levi Jones, so that helps them on the OL which is certainly a need... I'm hoping they miss out on Peyton b/c he may want them to go OL. From what I've heard Jones is terrible though, so maybe they still go after someone like Jonathen Martin at 13...

All this means he could drop. He won't get anywhere close to 24, but maybe we jump. Who's the most likely to take him after that...

15 - Eagles - Reid loves taking OL but they desperately need LB and DT.
    16 - Jets - Also a lot of needs at WR, OLB, NT, maybe even RB if Richardson falls.
    17 - Bengals - If DeCastro is here, I think the Bungles definitely take him unless Richardson is also there. I think they take him over either of the CB's, but who knows.

A trade up with the jets would be ideal.

2. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    While you could be right. He's just that good...and I still think AZ or Dal could/would easily take him. If they dont then yes i could see the Bengals definitely be the next in line.

3. SteelByDesign

Oct 20, 2011
    I see the Cards as a maybe (more likely if they get Peyton). I don't see any way Dallas gives solid money to two guards and then drafts one that high as well, especially when they'd be more inclined to take someone more flashy anyway (probably Kirkpatrick or Jenkins).

Looking at the trade chart... This deal is almost perfect (keeping in mind there's no way teams use some stupid chart online)...

Pit gets: Jets Round 1, Jets Round 4
    Jets get: Steelers Round 1, Steelers Round 2

Worth it? I'm still not so sure, there's a lot of solid guys in round 2.

4. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Manning isnt going to the Cards...they've been told and they now have paid Kolb his 7 mil bonus.

Dal could still pull the trigger...they are Dallas...and I dont think neither of those G's they signed are anythign to brag about. They also signed Carr to play CB...so its not as big of a need like OG...but they still could select either position depending whos on the board.

But it should be interesting though with all the moves going on. Either way he doesnt get past the Bengals picks.

5. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I'd rather go 1-3-7 or 1-3-6, which works out well. I wouldn't want to lose our 2nd.

But it depends how things shake out. I think even though DeCastro is the guy I've wanted all along, I might rather make that trade for Kuechly if he's around. I do think we can get a starting guard in the 2nd. For ILB, it's looking like 1st round or bust.

6. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Lets hope he continues to slide,Then we will be able to deal.

7. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    [
    But it depends how things shake out. I think even though DeCastro is the guy I've wanted all along, I might rather make that trade for Kuechly if he's around. I do think we can get a starting guard in the 2nd. For ILB, it's looking like 1st round or bust.[/quote]
    i would take an olb to switch inside , there are a lot in the draft

8. SteelByDesign

Oct 20, 2011
    There may be some in the draft, but if we want a guy to step in quickly it'll likely have to be Kuechley or Hightower. I think both are highly intelligent and could step in and contribute right away.

9. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    farrior was an OLB. :cool:

10. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    for me the lbs in college play inside when they are not good to play sideline to sideline , the fast one play outside
    i would take irving in the second or bradham in the third or demario davis in the 4rth

11. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    most likely any lb we take isn't going to be thrown into a coverage situation right off the bat anyway. he will be used to blitz and in run support, but with the league passing more, there will be a fine line with that, in a sense that they will exploit that area he comes from. teams are smart enough to know that zone will be open if he's blitzing and a rookie will be used more this way.

back to the original question though, no SBD i don't think decastro will slip down the first round. i think he's that good of a talent that all teams would like to have and covet. well, most teams covet o-linemen more then others. don't forget who WE are talking about. LOL as in our front office may be one of the few that don't as much as others. at least lately. :frustrated: :cool:

12. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    I read that Decastro didn't do anything to hurt his draft stock at his pro day. The article said Decastro was very impressive. He'll likely be gone quickly.

13. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    ˆˆˆˆˆˆCordy Glenn then?

14. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Man Decastro sounds like the real deal. Wish we could move up to grab him, highly unlikely though....